ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Gaming Zone > Gaming PC Build Advice
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Build, No Video

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wingnut45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Build, No Video
    Posted: 31 Dec 2022 at 1:07am
Working on a PC build for my son from the parts he got for Christmas. We can't seem to get it to post. Getting no video output and 5 beeps. We've tried the troubleshooting checklist but keep getting the same result.

The parts we are using are listed at https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qTDVQ6.

All of the parts are new except for the video card and power supply. I've tried two of the same video cards but get same result of five beeps. These cards were from an eth miner I shut down. I did build another pc for a kid last year with one of the same video cards so I think they are in good shape.
We've reseated the cpu a couple times, tried one stick of RAM in all slots, tried all the different video outputs with two different monitors, and cleared the CMOS but keep getting no video.

Anybody got any hints on where to go from here?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2022 at 7:25am
Make sure the display is connected to the GPU not the motherboard. Make sure the
cable you are using to connect the display is compatible, some HDMI and DP cables
don't work on newer GPUs. Double check to make sure you have connected your PCIe
power (6 pin or 8 pin depending on the GPU) to the GPU.

5 beeps indicates no display and or GPU detected.
wingnut45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wingnut45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2023 at 8:11am
Ended up being something with those video cards. Went and picked up a new one today and it booted up to the bios no problem. Thanks for the help on this @Xaltar.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic