ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

PCI-E Bifurcation on Asrock z77 Extreme6

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UweS65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PCI-E Bifurcation on Asrock z77 Extreme6
    Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 6:58pm
Hello all,
first of, I'm new hereon the Forum, so sorry if that got asked and answered already but I couldn't find anything related to the Topic.
I got an ASRock Z77 Extreme6 Board and I wanted to use a "Dual M.2 PCIe 4.0/3.0 X8 Adapter" to run two (2) M.2 SSDs on it but the Board needs to support "PCI-E Bifurcation".

So my question is, is this possible on my Board or, if not on default, is there a Patch or BIOS Version/Update around that enables this Function on the Board?
(Or is it just not possible at all because the Board is to old and doesn't support Bifurcation at all?)

Thanks in advance and Greetings,
Uwe
threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 6:25pm
Hallo Uwe,

Ich glaube nicht das Birfurcation unterstutzt wir, damit meint mann das mann ein x16 slot, mit 16 PCIE lanes, aufteilen kann in 2 mal 8 lanes, oder 4 mal 4 lanes, und das letzte braucht mann wenn mann 2 M2 karten in ein slot benutzen moechtte.
Oder benutze das tech support formular
https://tw.asrock.com/events/tsd.asp
Und checke auch deine spam folder
Es gibt ein Beta BIOS 2.90A, damit kann mann 1 NVME M.2 auf eine PCIE karte benutzen, ich denke nicht das 2 oder mehr, laufen wird
Kind Regards
UweS65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UweS65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 6:43pm
Hallo und danke erst mal für die Antwort.

Ich habe das genannte BIOS (2.90A) bereits in Benutzung... und habe mittlerweile auch beide meine M.2 SSDs ans laufen bekommen, jeweils mit einer kleinen PCI-E Adapter-Karte (eine im PCI-E 4 Slot und die andere im PCI-E 5 Slot).
Funktioniert überraschenderweise ganz gut und bisher ohne Probleme.
apollo_nn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apollo_nn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2023 at 2:38am
Originally posted by UweS65 UweS65 wrote:

Hello all,
first of, I'm new hereon the Forum, so sorry if that got asked and answered already but I couldn't find anything related to the Topic.
I got an ASRock Z77 Extreme6 Board and I wanted to use a "Dual M.2 PCIe 4.0/3.0 X8 Adapter" to run two (2) M.2 SSDs on it but the Board needs to support "PCI-E Bifurcation".

So my question is, is this possible on my Board or, if not on default, is there a Patch or BIOS Version/Update around that enables this Function on the Board?
(Or is it just not possible at all because the Board is to old and doesn't support Bifurcation at all?)

Thanks in advance and Greetings,
Uwe

hello, did you manage to get an answer to your question? I also use bios firmware 2.90 and a pci-express expansion card for 4 SSD M2, and unfortunately I see only 1 ssd out of 4. maybe I just didn't find the setting in the bios...
UweS65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UweS65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2023 at 3:34am
No sorry... and I ended up switching over to AMD and a new ASRock Board wit already 2 M.2 Slots on Board.
Sorry again that I can't help you...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic