ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock X670E PRO RS Limited to 4 SATA Ports

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug4.7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 6:12am
Originally posted by Katana1074 Katana1074 wrote:

have you tried changing Launch Storage OpROM Policy in the boot menu ?
I looked at that option in the BIOS and don't understand what that does, or what I should set it to.
Seek Professional Help
Katana1074 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katana1074 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 5:17pm
Hi There....

Normally Launch Storage Option rom Policy would be set to Uefi however you can choose between uefi or disabled,whether this would make your drives appear i have no idea but its worth a try and can be changed back to uefi....
Doug4.7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug4.7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2023 at 11:48am
Originally posted by Katana1074 Katana1074 wrote:

Hi There....

Normally Launch Storage Option rom Policy would be set to Uefi however you can choose between uefi or disabled,whether this would make your drives appear i have no idea but its worth a try and can be changed back to uefi....
That didn't change anything. Thanks for the suggestion, however.
Seek Professional Help
Doug4.7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug4.7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2023 at 11:51am
Originally posted by Doug4.7 Doug4.7 wrote:

Originally posted by eccential eccential wrote:

...Maybe BIOS bug?
I hope not, as that would not be a quick fix.
Quote Since optical drives are slightly different from HDDs, I'd try to put all the HDDs on the first four ports, and put the optical drive on one of the last two port. It's perfectly fine to leave any number of port(s) in the middle unused.
I'll try that one. I put the BD drive on the FIRST port, I never tried it on the LAST port.
Well that helped. I was able to attach at least one more drive. Now things are getting complicated. One of the drives I'm testing died during this set of tests. It was an old drive, so failing isn't out of the question, but I'm concerned my testing may have hastened its demise.
Seek Professional Help
PeteG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeteG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2023 at 8:42am
Originally posted by Doug4.7 Doug4.7 wrote:

From what I've read on the internet (so far) folks have not been using this board to grind lots of data (what I'm doing). It's mostly gaming and such. I need lots of storage and lots of memory. I have the memory, I just need to connect all of my other drives.

Hey Doug,

First off, I would like to express my gratitude for documenting your experience with the X670E Pro RS. I am one of the individuals who plan to use this board to grind lots of data. As I work in the film industry, I require a substantial amount of storage space, so I carefully selected and ordered this board (currently in transit). The ASRock X670E Pro RS is advertised to have five M2 slots and six SATA ports, which is exactly what I need.

However, I am concerned that there might be exceptions or compromises that ASRock has not disclosed on their product page. There is no mention that I cannot use all of the advertised storage ports simultaneously. This is troubling to me as I do not want to find out after receiving the product that I will be unable to use all of my drives.

Any updates? Have you contacted support directly? Is this still an issue? Should I cancel my order? I'll be using a 7950X, 128GB of RAM, five M2 SSDs, and six SATA SSDS. My other rig is based on an MSI board, and when they say their product support X number of ports, they mean it. I'd never even consider it to be a problem. This is a first for me.

Appreciate your feedback. Cheers!
johnxy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2023 at 9:15am
Originally posted by PeteG PeteG wrote:

[QUOTE=Doug4.7] I'd never even consider it to be a problem. This is a first for me.

Exactly same feeling. I'm not sure if similar problems also happen to other big motherboard vendors. But this is my first time running into a problem that a well-known brand MB can't deliver basic functionality.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic