ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Up Grading my B450 Steel Legend

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drubis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Up Grading my B450 Steel Legend
    Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 3:42am
Hello

I am Updating my B450 Steel Legend from a Ryzen 5 2600 to a Ryzen 7 5800x. I will need to update the BIOS to 3.70. It Says that 3.70 is not compatible with my current 2600 CPU. What are the steps I need to take to complete my upgrade?

Just need some help with the proper order to make the change.    

bjlockie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bjlockie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 4:27am
ASRock told me to upgrade the BIOS with the old cpu right before you update the motherboard with the new cpu.

I suspect it is just because the new BIOS hasn't been tested with the old cpu but it still works.
I did mine a day before but didn't use the computer before I got the new cpu.
I did check it booted to the bios screen with the old cpu.
ASRock B450M Pro4
16 GB DDR4, 500 watt PS, AMD Ryzen-5 5600, NVidia GTX-1050, 5.70 BIOS
mio44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mio44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 8:49am
Here are the steps you need to follow to upgrade your B450 Steel Legend motherboard from a Ryzen 5 2600 to a Ryzen 7 5800X:

Download the latest BIOS version: You can download the latest BIOS version from the ASRock website for your B450 Steel Legend motherboard.

Create a bootable USB drive: You will need to create a bootable USB drive with the BIOS file on it in order to update the BIOS. You can use software such as Rufus to create a bootable USB drive.

Back up your data: Before updating the BIOS, it's a good idea to back up all important data as there is a small risk of data loss during the update process.

Enter the BIOS and disable the "Fast Boot" option: This will ensure that your computer boots into the BIOS and recognizes the bootable USB drive.

Boot into the BIOS using the bootable USB drive: Insert the bootable USB drive into your computer and restart it. Enter the BIOS and select the bootable USB drive as the boot device.

Run the BIOS update utility: Follow the on-screen instructions to update the BIOS to version 3.70.

Install the Ryzen 7 5800X: After updating the BIOS, shut down your computer and install the Ryzen 7 5800X. Connect the power supply and any other necessary cables and components.

Boot into Windows: Turn on your computer and boot into Windows. Make sure that Windows recognizes the Ryzen 7 5800X and that the CPU is running at the correct frequency.

Install the latest chipset drivers: Download and install the latest chipset drivers for your B450 Steel Legend motherboard to ensure optimal performance.

These steps should help you upgrade your B450 Steel Legend motherboard to a Ryzen 7 5800X. If you encounter any issues, refer to the motherboard manual or contact the manufacturer for assistance.
Tech devices in focus, specs & reviews
Reviews & Tips
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic