ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Extreme 11 d6 error

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Extreme 11 d6 error
    Posted: 12 Jun 2015 at 5:38am
Need help. This board is driving me insane.
So I get d6 error which is a PCIe slot not recognizing the video card.

We'll I  have tried 5 different cards. from gt610 to a GTX980  None will start up normally.

I can get around this by resetting the CMOS batter everytime. But I'm not in a position to do that, as graphics cards will be swapped in and out.

I ran the live update for the bios which should have switched it to Bios 1.2 but same thing.  Need help.

Thank you.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2015 at 7:55am
Originally posted by slowone slowone wrote:

Need help. This board is driving me insane.
So I get d6 error which is a PCIe slot not recognizing the video card.

We'll I  have tried 5 different cards. from gt610 to a GTX980  None will start up normally.

I can get around this by resetting the CMOS batter everytime. But I'm not in a position to do that, as graphics cards will be swapped in and out.

I ran the live update for the bios which should have switched it to Bios 1.2 but same thing.  Need help.

Thank you.

So when you change to a different video card, it will be recognized after clearing the CMOS, is that right?

You said, "I can get around this by resetting the CMOS batter everytime", does that mean you must remove the CMOS battery in order for the video card to be recognized?

A standard CMOS clear using the jumper on the board, or the Clear CMOS button on the board's IO panel does not work to get the video card recognized?
slowone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2015 at 8:32am

Parsec,

Yes it requires that the Cmos battery be removed, the button on the io will not work, nor will moving the jumpers.

It is working now but only on the pcie lane 3, which means lane 1,2,3,and 4 exhibits the same behavior. They will not recognize video cards, d6 error.

I did allow the bios to update from version 1 to 1.002, but still not luck with the pcie lanes.

No one from Tech support huh? 600 board and no support.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2015 at 12:14pm
Very strange behavior of the PCIe slots. Do you know that the PCIE3 slot is electrically an x8 slot?

You can submit a Support Request here:

http://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic