ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASROCK 970 PRO3 R2 RANDOMLY 5 BEEPS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ael3urt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASROCK 970 PRO3 R2 RANDOMLY 5 BEEPS
    Posted: 30 Jan 2023 at 9:35pm
Hi guys,

i have a full assembled pc with an ASROCK 970 PRO3 R2.
Everything goes fine. Since not much time(it did some time in the past yet but not a lot), it start randomly, when i boot on the pc, to beeps 5 times and dotn give any input on screen.
So everytime i just change the opposite input of the HDMI cable and it turn on with any problems.
What could be?
Also, sometimes after it boot on, when im on windows it freeze and i have to reboot it. In add, after some time,turn on and reboot automatically, then it start to goes fine...
Its a motherboard problem for everything?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 1:19am
You could try another HDMI cable, it could be faulty or have dirty/corroded contacts.
The 5 beeps just means the PC didn't detect your monitor. The freezing and reboot
issues you mentioned are likely unconnected.
Ael3urt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ael3urt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 4:51am
What could be about them?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 11:05pm
Freezing and crash/reboot issues are 2 of the most common issues in tech. They
could be caused by anything from a bloated operating system to bad drivers to hardware
failure.

The best place to start is to scan for malware, viruses and spyware. Check the inside
of your PC for dust etc. If it's very dusty/dirty you can use a can of compressed
air to blow out the dust and be sure to pay particular attention to the CPU cooler
and graphics card heatsinks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic