ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Power and reset buttons stay lit when PC off

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Power and reset buttons stay lit when PC off
    Posted: 05 Feb 2023 at 6:54am
Greetings,
I have a brand new Taichi b650E board. Very nice. One problem. When I turn off the PC, the two round physical buttons on the motherboard - power and reset - are lit up. I sleep in the same room, and I'd rather not have to cover them in electrical tape if possible. How can I kill these lights when the PC is off? This is NOT the LED problem others have asked about - I already set the BIOS to disable LED in S5 state. Thank you for all help!
eccential View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eccential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2023 at 8:11pm
Wow, they got glowing button on the motherboard itself these days. LOL
I guess they're powered by 5VSB?

Me personally, use a power strip with a switch and connect all the PC-related stuff to it (PC, monitors, amp), and flip the switch OFF when I'm done using the PC. I hate vampire drains. Nothing beats physical switches.

Now, if you make use of WOL (Wake-On-LAN) or other time-based wake-up events, this trick obviously won't work.

Hopefully someone can point to a BIOS option that disables the glowies.

Come to think of it, I never build a PC with transparent side panels (I like my metal electrical shielding), so even glowing LEDs inside the case is unlikely to bother me too much.
sgb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2023 at 2:06am
Yes, two, and they are very, very bright. Lights up my desk at night. I don't know how they are powered - they are a part of the motherboard itself, can't be removed. I'm hoping to avoid using the power strip if I can, but I'll do that if I have to. I hope someone knows how to control these lights.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic