ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASROCK Z790 PRO RS/D4 Cant enter bios.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adennehy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASROCK Z790 PRO RS/D4 Cant enter bios.
    Posted: 06 Feb 2023 at 6:57am
Ive installed my new mobo and Im very happy with it. The only problem is that I get a blank screen when I try to enter the bios. Im a reasonably experienced user, I dont think Im doing anything really stupid, Ive tried about 50 times including using windows hacks. Win 11.
adennehy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adennehy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 6:27am
Im very surprised that I appear to be the only person with this problem. I cant even update the bios because ehhh I cant get into the bios.
Are there no Asrock workers on this forum?
TheDON3k View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDON3k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2023 at 6:32am
Do you mean that when you tap DEL during POST that it is just ignored, or that when you press DEL, just a black screen comes up - something like that.

Question - Did you place an add-on USB3 or 3.1 PCIe Card in your system, and if so, is your keyboard connected to that card? A lot of add-on cards or front panel hubs may not be initialized until after POST is completed, and so the pressing of the DEL key is not detected until it is too late.

My first suggestion would be to try another USB port on your MB, on the rear of the MB itself. If the board still has a couple of USB2 ports, connect the keyboard there.
adennehy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adennehy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2023 at 1:11am
Thanks for your input The DON3k. I hit F2, then i get a blank screen. I really dont think its a keyboard problem. I suspect it has something to do with communication between my ASRock Radeon RX 6800 Challenger Pro 16G and my Asrock mobo. Seing as Im getting no support from Asrock in this thread Ill be looking elswhere when I do my next upgrade.
TheDON3k View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDON3k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2023 at 1:41am
If you're just used to not seeing the ASROCK Post screen, and normally have a black screen until Windows loads, then it sounds like the GPU/MB is not detecting the display and until Windows loads (and the video drivers load) you're just setting a black screen.

If you have multiple input options, try another connection. Basically, if you're using HDMI, connect via Display Port, etc. Changing the input may allow the card to properly detect the display during POST.

Also, if your display is set to Auto Detect Input, try manually selecting the input that your using so that it's on the correct input from the get-go.

Or, if you're using any sort of display cable adapter (like Display Port to HDMI) that may be the issue as well. Try getting a direct cable that does not use an adapter. Also, all adapters are not made the same.

There's multiple level of HDMI cables and Display Port Cables and the same goes for the adapters. So you may be using a 4k monitor that has HDMI inputs with a HDMI 1.1 cable, or a display port cable that goes into a HDMI adapter that is only 1.1, etc.

Take the confusion out of the mix and get a straight cable or a more up-to-date adapter for the cable.
Frix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2023 at 6:46pm
i have ASROCK Z790 PRO RS Wifi/DDR5 and i am having exact same issues, black screen while entering bios, did u find any solutions?
RLGL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RLGL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2023 at 9:45am
Multiple monitors? Have them all powered up.
Asrock Z370 Gaming K6,Intel i7 8700K,
Asrock x570 Taichi

Frix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2023 at 5:26pm
tried with other monitors aswell still nothing just black screen
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic