ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B450i Fatality - At Wit's End

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faksnima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B450i Fatality - At Wit's End
    Posted: 06 Feb 2023 at 12:56pm
Hello all,

I am having an extremely frustrating time with my B450i Fatality and I'm really at my wit's end. I have no idea what is causing this issue.

What the issue is: Using an APU (in my case either a 2400g or 5600g), my display will flicker, turn black, or briefly artifact. When I enable HDMI Deep Color (primary display is an LG 55CX Oled), it does the same thing on steroids...almost freezing the TV entirely, at times.

What have I tried?

Well, I have had the motherboard RMA'd and I'm sitting here with the replacement. Both the replacement board and the old board do the same thing. I've tried two apus (2400g, 5600g), three ram sets all running at stock (either 3600 or 2666) or underclocked. I have tried two different displays, three different hdmi ports, three different cables, two different PSUs. I have tried two different nvme boot drives. I have reinstalled windows countless times and am running the latest version of the adrenalin drivers. I have tried older adrenalin drivers. The bios is the most recent version.

Why do I believe it is the board?
Both CPUs have been placed in a low end B450 gigabyte board and an X570 Taichi and have output video just fine. HD Color can be turned on. Freesync Premium can be enabled. No issues. On the Fatality, I can't even run stock settings (hdr off), 60hz, without encountering artifacting or black screen flashes. Albeit they are far fewer, they do occur and will make their presence felt during video playback.

I am at a loss. I have emailed customer support letting them know the replacement motherboard is exhibiting the same issues that the original and whether or not I should just send back both at the same time.

If anyone has any idea, I would be eternally grateful.
cx5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cx5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2023 at 11:18am
Hello @Faksnima,

I think the problem is freesync, back in 2017 my first time using freesync was Vega64 + Acer XG270HU, then I went to acer forum report black screen intermittent only when playing games with freesync in DisplayPort.

Also went to official AMD forum and report and send ticket needing support....

some 3 to 6 months later problem solved, solution was AMD's adrenalin driver update, there was a small print on AMD driver update page saying something about "increase voltage signal for DP".

Let me guess. If you run desktop and games at 1080p no problem at all ???

Quick and dirty solution is use better HDMI cable, shortest possible.

So I recommend you to tell all 3 parties, AMD, ASRock, LG that during this combination 5600G + B450i Fatality + LG 55CX Oled suffers display dropout due to insufficient video output voltage from motherboard due to software&bios limition in AMD's AGESSA & motherboard bios & LG TV firmware.

Finally wait 3 to 6 months for them to fight it out who should solve it.
x370taichi@3.50gen4
AX750 Optane900P SN770
3800x PosdonZro4 BarrowPWM-17w>420x140x28
XFX SWFT319 6900XT
MSI RX560 LP to get Fluid Motion BlueskyFRC 75hz
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic