ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

A320M-HDV R4.0 Bios question from 4 to 7

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emerald2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A320M-HDV R4.0 Bios question from 4 to 7
    Posted: 18 Feb 2023 at 10:32pm
Hi, i have a AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Pinnacle ridge (Socket AM4 1331) 6 core.

A while ago i had troubles with my bios for getting updates on the live update tool , it wasnt showing any, so i upgraded my bios to 4.00. It made the tool work then but it still isnt showing any updates since 1,5 years.. i got version 1.058 of the live update app. (a custom made one from Asrock support at the time)
At that time i was just happy (after sweating) upgrading my BIOS and it worked.

But now i m wondering and reading about Hyper threading online, and for example Elden Ring game settings is best with hyper threading off.
So i checked the bios but there is no setting in P4.00 version for that i think ?
I checked Win 11 settings and my CPU is working with 6 cores and 12 (threads) logical cores.

Is Bios version 7 better for me, can i safely upgrade to it with that CPU, and would it fix my Live update ?

As my system is working fine, i m just curious if any1 knows if i should upgrade to 7 , and then maybe my live update works again, or is there a risk ?

Thx a lot for all answers in advance. :)

Kind regards.
Emerald2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emerald2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2023 at 10:38pm
O i just noticed there is an update on the liveupdate app , so i got version 2.0.0.3 now, but there are still no visible updates on the server for me ? and i think i should have new stuff since 1,5 years ago ?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic