ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - [B650M PG Riptide]No POST after reset on new BIOS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

[B650M PG Riptide]No POST after reset on new BIOS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VLcakx517 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 8:20am
I am having a similar issue with the Riptide, 7600 non X, same RAM, same NVME.

Except my issue is if I start on a cleared CMOS the PC boots and starts normally. But if I exit BIOS by clicking "save/ exit" even if I didnt change anything it boot loops and sticks on a random Diag LED, usually boot but sometimes cpu/ ram.

I have replaced everything but the CPU...RAM, MoBo, NVME, GPU in, GPU out and it acts exactly the same. But every time I clear the CMOS it trains the memory then boots in seconds.

Im on the 03/03/23 version of 1.18. Windows is currently loading on my second Nvme, once its updated I am going to try the beta BIOS in this thread.

I am building this for my cousin (my 6th or 7th AMD build but the others were AM4) and I am looking like an idiot. Its been 2 weeks that I cant even change a fan setting in BIOS without it looping.
VLcakx517 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VLcakx517 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 9:21am
Originally posted by VLcakx517 VLcakx517 wrote:

I am having a similar issue with the Riptide, 7600 non X, same RAM, same NVME.

Except my issue is if I start on a cleared CMOS the PC boots and starts normally. But if I exit BIOS by clicking "save/ exit" even if I didnt change anything it boot loops and sticks on a random Diag LED, usually boot but sometimes cpu/ ram.

I have replaced everything but the CPU...RAM, MoBo, NVME, GPU in, GPU out and it acts exactly the same. But every time I clear the CMOS it trains the memory then boots in seconds.

Im on the 03/03/23 version of 1.18. Windows is currently loading on my second Nvme, once its updated I am going to try the beta BIOS in this thread.

I am building this for my cousin (my 6th or 7th AMD build but the others were AM4) and I am looking like an idiot. Its been 2 weeks that I cant even change a fan setting in BIOS without it looping.

UPDATE - The new BIOS posted in this thread did not change or fix anything. Everything still works fine until I restart into BIOS and Save/ Exit in any fashion, regardless of changes. Save/ Exit = boot loop and stall, Discard and exit = boots up fine.
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 11:54am
Dear VLcakx517,
Thank you for the testing.

For this case, could you please provide the model name of the CPU and P/N of the memory to check it further?

Besides, could you please help to verify that if the the issue can be reproduce even only install CPU, PSU, Cooler, DRAM on the motherboard?

Thank you,

Best wishes,
ASRock TSD
VLcakx517 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VLcakx517 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 12:21pm
Please see my similarly titled post to this one in this forum for specifics. My cpu, ram and boot drive are all on your supported lists. The issue could be duplicated over and over with a gpu in or out
Audible8809 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Audible8809 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2023 at 7:44am
Is it possible that this same issue is effecting the b650 Pro RS? My build was working fine for months and then all the sudden stopped posting. My immediate reaction was to update the BIOS and now its just dead with the DRAM and CPU led's constantly lit.
VLcakx517 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VLcakx517 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2023 at 8:11am
Who knows, it's trash they released these things with them so screwed up. Every piece I had was on the supported list, tried
different RAM, m.2 drives and GPU's and it still didn't work. Ended up returning the board and got a Gigabyte b650m which worked fine with all the parts the AsRock wouldn't run.
Audible8809 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Audible8809 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2023 at 8:22am
I already sent their support an email about a week ago and still haven't gotten any response back on it. I feel like maybe if I could reflash bios 1.03 it might actually work. The sticker on my mobo seems to indicate that it is the one that it shipped with, but 1.03 is not listed on the downloads page for some reason. Right now I've tried 1.8, 1.11.AS03, and 1.02 of which none of them worked.
johnxy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2023 at 11:29pm
My issue is finally solved by updating BIOS to ver 1.21. Hope it's helpful for others.
pro450 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pro450 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2023 at 7:11am
I think I had the same problem. I have Ryzen 7900 and no graphics card currently installed. I set my memory back to Auto then rebooted. That was the only non-default setting I had changed in the bios. I started the flash. It read the ROM and rebooted, then nothing. The DRAM and CPU lights on the motherboard turned red and that's how it stayed. I let it sit for about 30 minutes just in case it was just a video problem.

So then I turned off the PC. I renamed the ROM to CREATIVE.ROM, and tried the BIOS Flashback. This blinked for over 20 minutes but succeeded.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic