ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ARCTIC Liquid Freezer Compatibility£

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lou77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer Compatibility£
    Posted: 05 Mar 2023 at 6:06am
I see from the ARCTIC site and from some of the specifications on the ASRock site the ARCTIC LF line are not compatible with some of the ASRock boards.      I wanted another ASRock board and was ready to select the Z690 Pro RS and see the cooler is not compatible. I notice this warning on some but not all of the Z690 and Z790 boards.

What is the issue with compatibility and why some boards but not others, at least in the ATX line. I can understand some issues with the smaller ITX and mATX boards but am surprised to see the ATX boards have issues with the ARCTIC cooler.

I presently have an ASRock H670M mATX with a i7-12700 cpu in an Milo 11 case, air cooled. Very reliable and solid board. Was hoping to get the Z690 Pro RS with an i5-13600K but really wanted the ARCTIC cooler.

Thanks,

Lou
threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2023 at 10:57pm
Hello Lou

Please check the links on the website, when you click on the picture of the board, it will show, and when you click on the photo it will enlarge
https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z690%20Pro%20RS/index.asp
https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H670M-ITXax/index.asp
Since the distance between the mounting holes, is identical, and the clearance of the components surrounding the CPU socket, is also not in the way, the only reason would be on the back of the board.
I compared both boards back, but cannot find any reason, there either, the Intel socket metal backplate is the same on both, also, enough clearing from components.
I cannot find any reason why it wouldn't fit.
maybe arctic made a mistake, but they should be able to explain, why it is not supported.
As for now, I wouldn't know.
Kind Regards
Lou77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lou77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2023 at 1:17am
Many thanks, I have scaled the images for the boards and cannot see why the Arctic will not work. Perhaps on a smaller ITX board there could be issues but on the ATX I do not understand why there would be an issue as surrounding components seem to be far enough away.

What is odd is that some ASRock boards say the cooler will work and another board that looks the same will not work. I think that maybe ASRock is out to lunch on this and have not tested to see if the Arctic will actually work. Perhaps ASRock is only repeating what some users have stated. Those users may not have installed the cooler correctly or perhaps if there is an cooler added to the M.2 slot there is interference. That is not an Arctic problem but a ASRock problem as I have felt they and others are adding that M.2 slot too close to the CPU. Oh well.

I will purchase two of the Arctic coolers and if there is an issue I will go to another board.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic