ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - AM5 mini ITX motherboard with TPM and hdd password
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AM5 mini ITX motherboard with TPM and hdd password

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yt1248163264128 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AM5 mini ITX motherboard with TPM and hdd password
    Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 9:08pm
Hi,

Currently I'm considering building Ryzen??7 5700G based computer in small size (probably mini ITX) and I'm looking with motherboard with two options:
- TPM
- hdd password

Both available for nvme and sata drives.

Can you recommend anything?

If possible any screenshoot/photo of this part of BIOS would be more than welcome. :)

Btw, is there any m-ITX motherboard with two m.2 nvme drives slots? All in this size I find have only one slot.

Sure I'm focusing on AsRock but not only...
threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 6:53pm
You could try the search tool on the ASRock website
https://www.asrock.com/mb/search.asp?CPU=AM5&Chipset=&Memory=&MultiGPU=&PCIeGen5x16=&PCIeGen5x8=&PCIeGen5x4=&PCIe4x16=&PCIe3x16=&PCIe2x16=&PCIe2x1=&PCIe1x16=&PCIe1x1=&PCI=&LAN=&Wireless=&Audio=&SATA3=&SAS=&SATA2=&SATAe=&USB3=&USB2=&Factor=Mini-ITX&FrontUSB3=&Thunderbolt=&TBaic=&Firewire=&TPM=&Chassis=&COMp=&COMh=&LPTp=&LPTh=&PS2=&HDMI=&DP=&DVI=&DSub=&DTS=&M2=&mSATA=&mSATAb=&SATAex=&USB4=&USB31=&mPCIE=&LVDS=&RGBLED=&DUALBIOS=&P=undefined
There is only one Mini-ITX AM5 board.
For TPM, there is a Firmware TPM integrated, so there is not always a need for a separate TPM module
harddisk/SSD encryption, in combination with other techniques, is always a risk, Microsoft provides Bitlocker, , and tghere is other software on the market, that encrypts any disk, and puts a password on it, but when You have forgotten your password, the data is lost.
Also when using TPM, it is advised always to decrypt the drives, before doing a BIOS update.
Encrypting seems nice, but poses serious risks for losing your data.
First determine which level of security You want, only a system password, a harddisk password, or envryption, in case the whole system, is stolen, or if only the disk is stolen
Kind Regards
yt1248163264128 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yt1248163264128 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 7:47pm
Thank you for your answer.

And if we think about AM4, this is the only motherboard with two m.2 slots, right? https://pg.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B550%20Phantom%20Gaming-ITXax/index.asp

Unfortunately it's not available in my country. Is that the end of production or should it be available soon? Any info?

What means "2 (Hyper or Ultra)"? WHat is that hyper and ultra?

Concerning TMP, I'm not big fan of it. Especially that I use Linux and not Windows. Do you have any experiences with using TMP under Linux?

Concerning hard disk password, do Asrock motherboards support hdd password for hdd, sata and nvme drives which support this option? Most motherboards not.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic