ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B550 Extreme4 wake up from sleep

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strixfm4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B550 Extreme4 wake up from sleep
    Posted: 01 Apr 2023 at 5:31pm
Hi all, I have the B550 Extreme4 mobo with windows 10 installed and I noticed that my PC will wake up from sleep only if I click a mouse button, not when I just move the mouse. Furthermore, I also discovered that the mouse wouldn't wake my PC up at all if it's connected to one of the lower USB ports (right next to the ethernet port). Is that expected behaviour?
threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2023 at 4:06pm
Some of the USB ports. are connected to the CPU, some to the chipset, that is the difference.
But there are a few mechanisms active, Fast boot (BIOS) and Fast Startup (Windows)
And in the BIOS likely also Deep Sleep.
Al these settings, influence the behavior, but I wouldn't worry.
USB ports, always come in pairs of 2, which is called a HUB, and it can also make a difference when mouse and keyboard are connected to different HUB's.
Personally I don't use sleep mode, I don't see the point of a constant current running through the components, when the system, is not in use, I prefer to switch off, the PSU completely.
Kind Regards
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic