ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Any problems with the X99M Killer + Sound Card?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Any problems with the X99M Killer + Sound Card?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any problems with the X99M Killer + Sound Card?
    Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 8:58am
I am about ready to buy myself an X99 matx board. I have pretty much set my sights on the X99M Killer but I did come across an issue that may affect me. It would seem that at the start of the year, most X99 board had problems playing sound if you used a sound card. It seems that most board had issues with them being 1x devices on a 16x PCIE slot - or something. Possible "fixes" included putting the PCIE slot as GEN1 or putting the PC to sleep after reboot.

I have an Essence STX II that I would like to use. Am I going to have these issues or have they already been resolved?
gade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 3:03pm
Anyone?
gade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2015 at 1:58am
Anyone at all? Perhaps it would be best if I NOT go with ASRock after all.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2015 at 2:05am
I am afraid I have no insight to offer on the matter, sorry Unhappy

I will look into the issue and see what I can find.

After a quick google search I didn't find anything particular about this motherboard having sound issues, could you please link where you got this information from?

Edited by Xaltar - 18 Jun 2015 at 2:12am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic