ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z690M-ITX no video output

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddowhy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z690M-ITX no video output
    Posted: 30 May 2023 at 7:50am
Just put together a system using this. Using 13600K intel cpu and two sticks ddr4-3000 and i tried two different evga 3060 and 3060ti gpus. Powers on but no video. I realize this cpu requires external gpu,and tried DP and hdmi on the gpu ports. Got nothing. I reseated cpu and ram sticks. Still nothing. What gives? Do i need a bios update for this cpu? Have no idea what bios ver is on since no video out.

Yes 24 pin atx and the cpu power connectors all hooked up as are the pcie to the gpu. Fwiw i am not new to building pcs. ive been building custom pcs since the 80s , big gamer, and also built hundreds of pcs for mining. A+ certified tons of microsoft certs two masters in cs and software engineering etc etc. Just some background that i know what i am doing but this one eludes me. Best guess is i need a bios update but i need video out on the mobo to do this...dont really feel like buying a 12th gen cpu with onboard gfx just for this. Am i overlooking anything?
threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2023 at 10:36pm
The BIOS version should be on a small sticker, and for this CPU, You need at least 9.03
https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z690M-ITXax/index.asp#CPU
https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z690M-ITXax/index.asp#BIOS
It reaslly depends on, when the board was produced
Alternatively, You could hook up a BIOS programemr, with a clip, onto the BIOS chip, and flash the BIOS
Kind Regards
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic