ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Are B650E and X670E motherboards safe now£

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toxicroak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Are B650E and X670E motherboards safe now£
    Posted: 01 Jun 2023 at 12:54am
In this video they show many motherboards having unsafe voltages in EXPO or XMP.
At 29:30 minutes, they even show some ASRock boards with high unsafe voltages.
I couldn't find any mention in BIOS section of B650E Steel legend or other X670E ASRock board about any voltage limitations imposed in the update. Please clarify if it is changed and tested to be safe for ryzen 7000 CPUs.
Thanks.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2023 at 3:50am
You will need to inquire with ASRock:

http://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp

It may take a while to get a response with them busy with Computex 2023 right now
but I doubt anyone on the forums will have an answer for you. I would assume that
if there has been a BIOS update since the Ryzen 7000 issues were discovered then
it should include a fix but I can't say with any certainty I'm afraid.

As far as I know, just about every manufacturer experienced issues with this.
Let us know what ASRock tells you
Naz75 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Naz75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2023 at 3:32pm
First off, that video is 2 months old and is referencing an AMD issue from much earlier in the year... where the SOC voltages were having problems and causing the newer Ryzen 7 7700x and 7800X3D Chips to explode or "bulge out" and die.

AMD issued a statement in April recommending the correct safe soc voltage and all the motherboard manufacturers (including asrock) issued bios updates to correct the problem.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-ryzen-7000-burning-out-root-cause-identified-expo-and-soc-voltages-to-blame

I'm running the Ryzen 7 7700X on the ASrock B650E PG Ripetide and I'm not having a single problem with it, and in fact I've been running a Prime95 torture test for the past two hours without issues.

You're using the B650E Steel Legend?

Its printed in the BIOS downloads, for V1.21,, that bios for that board was re-"optimized" for the Ryzen 7 7000 series and specifically recommends that update for the Ryzen 7 7000X3D Series.

Quote 1. Update AGESA ComboAM5 1.0.0.6.
2. Improve memory compatibility.
3. Optimize for Ryzen 7000X3D series processor.
4. Recommend for upgrade BIOS if 7000X3D processor is installed.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2023 at 4:25pm
Thanks Naz75. This is an older thread but it's nice to have the info listed for
anyone who stumbles on it via a search.
M440 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M440 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 4:30am
happened to 3 people who tried to overclock using very high SOC voltage (beyond reason) - impossible to happen otherwise

this was always a clickbait. There would be no clicks or news if they reported this truthfully as an irrelevant anecdotal thing. "influencers" were making 30 minutes documentaries on this matter one shouldent waste 30 seconds on

i was laughing from this all along and the exact same time I bought my system. I bought my cpu 15% cheaper because it was an open box - somebody returned it.
asrock b650m/hdv.m2, ryzen 7700x@85watt
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic