ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Do B550m Pro4 motherboard supports XMP profile£
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Do B550m Pro4 motherboard supports XMP profile£

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ddx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do B550m Pro4 motherboard supports XMP profile£
    Posted: 02 Jun 2023 at 7:47pm
Hi
Can someone please confirm to me if the ASRock B550m Pro4 motherboard with the latest BIOS?version, supports enabling and using the XMP profile??
I was intending to buy it, but someone told me that XMP is disabled on the latest BIOS versions due to some RAM memory instability issues, and you can't use the XMP profile.

Is this true?

I plan to use it with a Ryzen 5 5600 CPU.?
threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2023 at 5:25pm
The someone who told You, probably doesn't know anything about memory controllers and XMP, because sthis is simply not true.
The memory controller is integrated in the CPU and thje memory controller in a 5600X runs optimal at 3200MHz https://www.amd.com/en/product/10471
But Extreme Memory Profile (XMP), is an Intel standard, and should work on all of the thousands of combination of CPU, mainboard and chipsets and is not guarranteed, also there is no point in using faster memory, because it doesn't do anything for the overall system performance.
Personally I have the best experience with Patriot Viper memory
Kind Regards
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic