ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vision 3D Instant Boot/Sleep issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sansiro2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vision 3D Instant Boot/Sleep issue
    Posted: 11 May 2016 at 1:18pm
Hi guys, got an Asrock Vision 3D 137B HTPC with an i3 M370 CPU running Windows 7.  BIOS is 1.50. 

I have a strange issue with sleep or instant boot mode. After pressing the shut down button or power off physical button on the unit, it does the usual shut down, restart, save into memory and then switch off. However, after about 7 seconds the unit switches on, the blue light comes on the power button and the disc drive whirs into life. But it does not start the booting process and just stays like this. Now if I press the power button in this state nothing happens. However if I hold down the power button for about 5 seconds the unit completely switches off. Then when I press the power button it boots into life and windows resumes and it boots up fast, as expected.

This is also the same if I use sleep mode and switch off instant boot - it just omits the 2nd restart, however, I still need to manually hold down the power button to switch off unit. Very strange, anyone know why the unit needs to be switched off at the power button? This happens even with all USBs and input ports empty.  Onboard LAN wakeup and mouse and keyboard wake up is disabled - anyone know a fix? 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic