ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Gaming Zone > Gaming PC Build Advice
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fatal1ty Z170 Professional Gaming Build Advice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2016 at 3:15am
The connectors usually have their purpose written on one side and small holes where the copper contacts clip into on the other. The writing should face toward the outer edge of the board. 

With colored wires the white or common color (could be black or white) is always neutral and the colored wire is always positive. The colors are usually 1 white/black wire and one wire of a different color. Green for power LED, red of HDD led etc. Here is a youtube video that should be of some help if my explanation was unclear.
Riggz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riggz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2016 at 3:35am
Thank you Xaltar. I actually watched that video as a part of my research, it was the most helpful one!

I ended up using the wire with the little triangle as the positive one.

I like the look of the all-black wires that the case uses, but it did take away the possibility of telling the positive from the negative from just the colors.

Thank you very much for getting back to me.
Now back to the build : )
Riggz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riggz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2016 at 10:35am
Well the build is all finished, and now I'm tweaking Windows, which will take a few days, but it went very well indeed : )
I had a little bit of a worry when I first booted up and the EUFI monitor said that the CPU Temps were a steady 53C. I thought that was strange, and bad, so I reseated the Heatsink, and they still hovered around 53.

I decided to let it go, as they weren't all that high, and proceeded with the rest of the build. Afterward, I installed HWMonitor, and it reads the temps as being around 30C on all cores, which is fine by me.
I'm pretty tired, didn't sleep much last night due to being excited about the parts arriving today, and work comes pretty early tomorrow morning, so I'll say Thank you very much once again, you really made this a good experience for me.
I'll update as things calm down some here.
Cheers
Todd
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2016 at 12:58pm
Awesome! Enjoy your new build Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic