ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B85m

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ward.mr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B85m
    Posted: 16 Jun 2015 at 3:36am
Hi every body just put my self together a b85m model but I have a problem.??
I put it all together following the installation guide but when I go to power the pc up I get a 1/2 second power up then it dies but powers back up. (Sorry for the spelling ) when it dose power back up I have no keyboard mouse or no signal on my Screen .Have I done any think wrong or do I need to do any think.
All help is appreciated
Thank you.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2015 at 5:03am
Some simple steps to help find the problem:

1. Have you got all your power connections to the motherboard properly seated?
2. Check to make sure your RAM is fitted correctly, if it is not firmly seated you will have problems.
3. Make sure the CPU is seated properly in its socket and that there are no bent pins in the socket.

My B85 Anniversary powers up in an odd way (at least compared to what I am used to) it does what you described, powers on for a short moment, then off then back on again. This only happens when I have made BIOS changes and also the first time I powered my system. I have had no issues with my system so I assume this is normal. Not getting any display or post however means something isn't connected properly or is damaged. Do you have a system (PC) speaker connected to the motherboard? All motherboards have a system of beeps that help fault finding.

A single beep means the system has successfully posted, if this is the case and there is no display you need to check your graphics card and monitor connections.

3 short beeps that repeat is usually memory, if this is the case, remove all the memory and insert a single stick of RAM in slot 2 and attempt to boot again. If the system boots then reinsert the other RAM (if 2 sticks they should be in slots 2 and 4 for best compatibility). If there is still the error code then the RAM is either damaged or not compatible with your motherboard.

In my experience the most common cause of a failed post in a new build is RAM or CPU not being seated correctly. After that, power cables not firmly connected.

I hope this is of some help.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2015 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by Ward.mr Ward.mr wrote:

Hi every body just put my self together a b85m model but I have a problem.??
I put it all together following the installation guide but when I go to power the pc up I get a 1/2 second power up then it dies but powers back up. (Sorry for the spelling ) when it dose power back up I have no keyboard mouse or no signal on my Screen .Have I done any think wrong or do I need to do any think.
All help is appreciated
Thank you.

A list of the other hardware you are using may help figure out the problem. Such as, what CPU, memory, and power supply you are using. Also what video source are you using, a video card or the onboard Intel graphics?

Do you have the 4 or 8 pin CPU power cable connected to the board, as well as the 24 pin power cable? You must have both power cables connected.

Is your monitor set up to auto detect a signal from any of its inputs? If the monitor is new or you used a different cable with it on another PC, you may need to manually select the input.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic