ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fan Control on 990FX Extreme9

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fan Control on 990FX Extreme9
    Posted: 16 Jun 2015 at 11:41am
Is there any chance there will be a BIOS update to the 990FX Extreme9 with better fan control? Right now i'm using a custom fan profile with a target temperature. I own a FX-9370 and this processor heats up fast. Very fast depending on the application. Currently the fan speed goes up by 1 PWM per cycle (a cycle seems to be every second, but not sure). It be perfect if I could change the PWM ramp up by 2, 2.55 ,3, or more so my cpu fans can hit 100% faster. 

Or if someone knows of a MSI Afterburner like fan control for CPUs that would be great too.

parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2015 at 9:50pm
Did you try setting Target Temperature to the lowest temperature possible?

Also, can you change your Custom profile to change to a higher fan speed at a lower temperature?
danic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2015 at 10:47pm
Yes, I have the target temp at 45C. Also I'm using custom pwm value of 80. 80 works great as the the system is quiet and keep my idle temps at 45C.  Higher values are not preferred as I am using a PWM splitter so the CPU fan speed controls all my case fans as well.  Just wish it would ramp up faster. To keep my system stable I had to mount a fan over the VRMs  and a fan behind the motherboard. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic