ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > Networking Products
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Feature Request

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Feature Request
    Posted: 10 Jun 2016 at 12:58pm
First, please let user apply new settings without rebooting. No other home routers will do that. It is really annoying.

Bug:
Missing clients in wireless clients list maybe due to inactivity

New features request for next firmware release:

open SSH and telnet

add IPV6 6rd

Samba FTP DLNA server with advanced settings

OpenVPN server with advanced settings

GPL source code for 3rd party firmware development

For feature release:

QoS

Time Machine server for Mac

Dual WAN

VPN Client

Rescue Mode (Uboot?)

I think AsusWRT should be a good example for the GUI design and different features. G10 has a great hardware but the firmware has a lot of room for improvements. I am glad to see that we got frequent firmware upgrade. Good job for the development team. Smile

ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 4:38pm
Thanks for your comment and we'll keep improve G10 function in the future.

apply new settings without rebooting
[for S/W architecture and can't fix at this moment]
Missing clients in wireless clients list maybe due to inactivity
[will fix it soon]
open SSH and telnet
[for security issue and will open at this moment]
add IPV6 6rd
[We'll study it first]
Samba FTP DLNA server with advanced settings
[what's the advanced settings request]
OpenVPN server with advanced settings
[what's the advanced settings request]
GPL source code for 3rd party firmware development
[will release it soon]
For feature release:
QoS
[Recommend use the Gaming boost as default]
Time Machine server for Mac
[will add the function in the future]
Dual WAN
[H/W limitation and can't support]
VPN Client
[We'll study it]
Rescue Mode (Uboot?)
[G10 has dual image and doesn't need Rescue Mode]
kcd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2016 at 8:52am
For media servers: guest login, file r/w permissions and choose which disk to share?
For OpenVPN server: interface type, protocol, server port, client isolation, VPN Subnet/ Netmask?
Nice to know that G10 has dual image.
Wish to see the new firmware release soonWink
kcd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 5:54am
Is there any news about new firmware release? It's a long time since last beta.
Also is there any possibility that G10 will get OpenWRT support?
Xaruza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaruza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2016 at 6:57am
I would rather this thing just get OpenWRT support than to keep relying on ASRock.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2016 at 11:14am
re: OpenWRT

The G10 employs the Qualcomm QCA9980 and the QCA8337.

If you preform a Google search of their wiki pages using QCA9980 you'll find there are a few models that use these same chips that are already supported by OpenWRT.

site:wiki.openwrt.org qca9980

Contact a Dev at OpenWRT and ask for them to investigate.

Andre12390 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andre12390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 2:45am
To add to the feature request

1) Bandwidth Control (per client)
2) Ability to set the priority of devices (even when they are not actively connected to the AP)
3) Ability to disconnect wireless clients from the AP (without reboot)

>Reason I want bandwidth control:
Gaming Boost works fairly well in optimizing ping but my scenario here is this:
My connection is 200Mb Down, 20Mb Up
On a regular basis, I have a phone that starts upload music to soundcloud/spotify and it uses about 14Mb upload speed, as a result of this, I am experiencing extremely high ping, despite limiting the connection under the bandwidth section in gaming boost. I have Uplink set to '14Mbps', Downlink set to '200Mbps' (because no wireless device can ever reach that speed). I want to be able to set bandwidth per Mac Address

>Reason I want more control over priority:
Firstly, I seem to only be able to set the priority while devices are actively using the internet connection, then they just disappear. I have every Mac Address already and have set reserved IPs prior to them connecting, but can't seem to set the order of priority for every device, because they are never connected at the same time. Also, when a device disconnects, it shuffles the order of priority, it's as if the router is deciding the priority for me

>Reason I want to be able to disconnect wireless clients:
Sometimes clients are unnecessarily connected or have torrents uploading and they are not aware, so it would be handy to be able to disconnect that device (until they manually reconnect) and/or to be able to terminate the activity (seeing as Gaming Boost recognises the traffic as Bit Torrent), I want to be able to stop the activity when it is affecting the ping of my online gaming or skype call.

On the debug page, I saw something called "policy_up_rate (Mbps)" and "policy_down_rate (Mbps)", I notice that the figures are automatically set by the router, but the devices are still able to use more bandwidth per second than set by the router. I don't know why this is happening, but I'm hoping it can be fixed and controlled better by the user.

-Summary:
While the Gaming Function does work quite well, at random times, i'm finding it not prioritising gaming packets and allowing other devices performing simple web uploads, torrenting and sometimes web video to adversely affect the ping of the internet connection.

Andre12390 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andre12390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2016 at 4:25am
Is there any update on whether any of the requested featured are being considered in the next firmware update?
kcd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2016 at 10:09am
Is there ever gonna be an update? It has been 4 months since last update.
kcd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2016 at 10:50am
lol wait for 4 months and get a new UI
Come on Asrock. Just release an OpenWRT firmware compatible with packages from official repository may be a better idea.
Or try to make a good official firmware. Look at the AsusWRT demo and improve yours.
Link for AsusWRT demo:http://ec2-54-202-251-7.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com:8080/index.asp
Even an official firmware that is close to Netgear's is good.

I replace G10 with Asus AC68U and I want to use G10 as a repeater. Guess what? You can only use WPS to connect to host router in repeater mode. LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic