ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

How do I enter bios in windows 10

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niamoD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do I enter bios in windows 10
    Posted: 26 Jun 2016 at 7:38am
I recently have purchased a 970 and am trying to use it. Before that i have been using intel hd graphics and im trying to change in the bios to use the pcie slot. The problem i have encountered is that i dont know how to access bios i was able to do it in window 7 but dont know how to do it in windows 10. I have the asrock z87 pro3.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2016 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by niamoD niamoD wrote:

I recently have purchased a 970 and am trying to use it. Before that i have been using intel hd graphics and im trying to change in the bios to use the pcie slot. The problem i have encountered is that i dont know how to access bios i was able to do it in window 7 but dont know how to do it in windows 10. I have the asrock z87 pro3.

There should be no difference starting the UEFI/BIOS UI when using Windows 7 and Windows 10, with one exception. Otherwise there is no difference in the standard method of entering the UEFI UI for any version of Windows.

If you have the Fast Boot option set to Ultra Fast, you cannot start the UEFI UI the usual way. That is, by pressing the Del or F2 keys several times when the PC starts or restarts. If you see that Windows has started booting, you're too late to start the UEFI UI. Using Ultra Fast with Windows 7 is more difficult than Windows 8 - 10, if not impossible.

Another option for you, and the only way to get into the UEFI UI if you use Ultra Fast boot, is to use the ASRock Restart to UEFI ver:1.0.5 program, available on your board's download page, or via APP Shop:

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z87%20Pro3/?cat=Download&os=Win1064

Download and install it, and then run it in Windows when you want to use the UEFI UI. The program is simple to use, three clicks of the mouse, and the PC will restart automatically, and you'll end up in the UEFI UI automatically. This may be your best fix for your problem. I use Restart to UEFI all the time, since it is convenient. It will not work with Windows 7.

So you're telling us that you cannot use the Del or F2 keys to start the UEFI UI when using Windows 10? Otherwise, the PC hardware is absolutely identical, the only difference being a Windows 10 installation and a Windows 7 installation?

Some keyboards may not wake up or function in time when the PC starts to send the Del or F2 key input to the board. What USB port is the keyboard connected to? Is it a wired or wireless keyboard?

My ASRock Z87 Extreme6 board is the fastest starting and booting system I have ever used. That is even with an Intel G3258 processor, which is really not very fast, even when over clocked. I'm guessing that may be related to your problem. The POST time on this system is very short, and if you cannot press the Del or F2 keys before POST ends, you won't be able to get into the UEFI UI.

Also, the Windows Fast Startup feature, enabled by default in Windows 8 - 10 (not available in Windows 7) may be part of the problem. Windows Fast Startup can be disabled by starting the Windows Power Options, from Control Panel or left clicking the Windows icon when the mouse pointer is in the lower left corner of the desktop.

On the Power Option (Plan) screen, on the left side find the "Choose what the power buttons do" entry, and click it.

You will need to click on the "Change settings that are currently unavailable" entry near the top, which will then open up the Turn on fast startup entry at the bottom of the screen, under Shutdown settings. Just uncheck this option to disable it.

I'm still surprised you cannot get into the UEFI UI using the Del or F2 keys with Windows 10. Confused

ajeet4u1989 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajeet4u1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 9:32pm
Enter bios in windows 10 is very easy. You can do this by two methods
By Settings- Go to settings>Update and security>Recovery>Restart now>Troubleshoot>Advance option>UEFI firmware settings>Click restart. 
You will be able to access BIOS in windows 10
Second method is available on my blog you can also try that.
katappapande View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katappapande Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2018 at 10:53pm
I got your words and and i hope it will work. I have one more question, is there any windows shortcut keys to go directly to advance settings in windows 10?
nivedita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nivedita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 3:20pm
You are my best friend, my shoulder to lean on, the one person I know I can count on; you are the love of my life, you are my one and only, you are my everything.
[url=https://whatsappstatuses.xyz/category/anniversary/]Download anniverdary whatsapp status[/url]
Matthew09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matthew09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 5:06am
The most advanced Best Name Generator. Generate random names, addresses, usernames, passwords, email addresses, and more. Use for software testing, social media, or anything else.http://fakenamegenerator.com
Matthew09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matthew09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 5:08am
The most advanced Best Name Generator. Generate random names, addresses, usernames, passwords, email addresses, and more. Use for software testing, social media, or anything else. <a href="http://fakenamegenerator.com" rel="nofollow"> Best Name Generator</a>
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic