ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ASRock Bulletin > Product News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock Announces 2 New X99 Motherboards

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craigyp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2016 at 2:38pm
It would be 2 x Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD SM950
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2016 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by craigyp craigyp wrote:

It would be 2 x Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD SM950

You have two Samsung NVMe M.2 SSDs listed, the second one should be SM951. But it makes no difference.

Intel only provides IRST RAID support for NVMe SSD on their 100 series chipset boards that support RAID, such as any Z170 board.

So, X99 boards do not support IRST RAID for NVMe SSDs, sorry to say.
Jygge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jygge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 7:48pm
Have Taichi X99 motherboard looking for water block to the motherboard someone who knows where you can buy those? Is increased the lead motherboard that has everything I need 

Edited by Jygge - 01 Sep 2016 at 7:49pm
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2016 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by Jygge Jygge wrote:

Have Taichi X99 motherboard looking for water block to the motherboard someone who knows where you can buy those? Is increased the lead motherboard that has everything I need 

What do you need the water block for? The CPU? The CPU VRMs or chipset?

Impossible to answer your question without knowing what the water block will be used for.
Kayron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2016 at 8:04am
Originally posted by sukum sukum wrote:

I wish to purchase Fatality x99 Professional Gaming i7 before that I want to make sure that it is supporting NVMe SSD (samsung ssd 950 pro-MZ-VP256BW)

Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

Yes it does. I am sure you will enjoy the board Thumbs Up

How about the samsung 850 pro? And what about the Taichi, supports both 850/950 as well?
I ask because most asrock mobos' list of supported storage do not list them... I am inclined to believe they are simply not being kept up to date well, but not risking it.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2016 at 9:13am
Originally posted by Kayron Kayron wrote:

How about the samsung 850 pro? And what about the Taichi, supports both 850/950 as well?
I ask because most asrock mobos' list of supported storage do not list them... I am inclined to believe they are simply not being kept up to date well, but not risking it.

I answered your questions in your thread on this topic.
egeisfb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote egeisfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2016 at 12:22am
So I bought this thing. It did nearly everything I wanted Big smile

...except ONE MAJOR THING...

Ever seen this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuJYMCbIbPk
Well you can't do it unless you have room in your tower to fit a nice GPU in PCIE slot 5. Tongue

Why? Because the motherboard hijacks PCIE slot 2 and thus your hypervisor can't pass it through to one of your VMs. I did almost 2 months of research to get this machine together, and now ASRock is telling me how they "suggest" I use the motherboard.Cry

If you want to do fun stuff with virtualization and get more than one person to log into one computer and have their own GPU to run on this motherboard, don't buy it. 

I've got the whole thing built, I start it up, and guess what... I can't assign a default PCIE slot for the BIOS splash screen.Angry

Why would anyone build a X99 VT-enabled motherboard that doesn't allow customization of the PCIE slots? Confused

Anyone want to buy a ViewSonic display with 3 HDMI ports where the first port HAS to be used with a proprietary ViewSonic DVD player? Yeah... didn't think so. Oh and ViewSonic wouldn't make something like that... cause it's utterly stupid.Clap
UnRaid enthusiast
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2016 at 12:43am
Originally posted by egeisfb egeisfb wrote:

So I bought this thing. It did nearly everything I wanted Big smile

...except ONE MAJOR THING...

Ever seen this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuJYMCbIbPk
Well you can't do it unless you have room in your tower to fit a nice GPU in PCIE slot 5. Tongue

Why? Because the motherboard hijacks PCIE slot 2 and thus your hypervisor can't pass it through to one of your VMs. I did almost 2 months of research to get this machine together, and now ASRock is telling me how they "suggest" I use the motherboard.Cry

If you want to do fun stuff with virtualization and get more than one person to log into one computer and have their own GPU to run on this motherboard, don't buy it. 

I've got the whole thing built, I start it up, and guess what... I can't assign a default PCIE slot for the BIOS splash screen.Angry

Why would anyone build a X99 VT-enabled motherboard that doesn't allow customization of the PCIE slots? Confused

Anyone want to buy a ViewSonic display with 3 HDMI ports where the first port HAS to be used with a proprietary ViewSonic DVD player? Yeah... didn't think so. Oh and ViewSonic wouldn't make something like that... cause it's utterly stupid.Clap

If you haven't yet already,as you're located in the US contact ASRock Tech Support using one of the below means and inquire.

Too, remember they may be on an extended vacation from yesterday thru Sunday due to Thanksgiving here.

Support Phone: 1-909-590-8308
Support Email: support@asrockamerica.com

What CPU is installed? It might be a matter of available PCIe lanes. Natch that. I just read the manual

EDIT: Too, what components do you have installed in the other MB's PCIe slots and M.2 slot?

And I hear ya on the seemingly ridiculous. I buy a top of the line Samsung PN64F8500 plasma when they're introduced, at a large investment, only to discover the thing was so expensive to build in the first place that after only a TWO year span from release Samsung ceased carrying replacement boards for it. Now ~4yrs into it and all they have for parts to service it is a smattering of screws and a few connector cables. Bad, BAD, Samsung.

Edited by wardog - 26 Nov 2016 at 12:49am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic