ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > OverClocking(OC) Zone > OC Technical Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 6700k & Z170 Extreme4..easy overclock possible?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

6700k & Z170 Extreme4..easy overclock possible?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jarablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 6700k & Z170 Extreme4..easy overclock possible?
    Posted: 08 Aug 2016 at 9:50am
Hey guys. I just bought a 6700k and a Extreme4 motherboard. I have a Noctua NH D15S cpu cooler and I wanted to know what would be the easiest way to overclock this chip? Is there any auto overclock setting on this motherboard? Or should I manually tweak every setting in the bios? I am looking to get 4.6 out of this cpu if possible but will settle with 4.4.

Any good easy to follow how to oc the 6700k guides out there? If I can do this with a 1 click option, I am down for that. Thanks! :)

Better yet, does anyone have quick and dirty settings for me to try that will assure me of a 4.6 overclock? I'd like to try those too. I'd just like to overclock this thing without reading through hours of how to oc 6700k guides.

Edited by jarablue - 08 Aug 2016 at 10:00am
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by jarablue jarablue wrote:

Hey guys. I just bought a 6700k and a Extreme4 motherboard. I have a Noctua NH D15S cpu cooler and I wanted to know what would be the easiest way to overclock this chip? Is there any auto overclock setting on this motherboard? Or should I manually tweak every setting in the bios? I am looking to get 4.6 out of this cpu if possible but will settle with 4.4.

Any good easy to follow how to oc the 6700k guides out there? If I can do this with a 1 click option, I am down for that. Thanks! :)

Better yet, does anyone have quick and dirty settings for me to try that will assure me of a 4.6 overclock? I'd like to try those too. I'd just like to overclock this thing without reading through hours of how to oc 6700k guides.

Have you looked at your board's manual, or at the UEFI, Advanced Mode screens?

The OC Tweaker screen has two features for "one click" over clocking.

One is the Advanced Turbo feature, that has preset OC settings applied with one selection.

The other is Load Optimized CPU OC Setting, which is basically the same as the other feature.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic