ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Q1900DC ITX, boot using USB keyboard

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 147JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Q1900DC ITX, boot using USB keyboard
    Posted: 18 Aug 2016 at 10:48am
Hi - I'd like to use the boot from USB keyboard feature on my Q1900DC ITX board.  I am running Windows 10 64 Pro.  I have a Logitech Illuminated keyboard plugged into one of the USB 3.0 ports. BIOS is set to "enable" USB keyboard boot.  But when I press the spacebar, the keyboard briefly lights up, then goes dark again and the computer does not boot.  Anybody know if this feature works or not?  What am I doing wrong?  Thanks
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2016 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by 147JK 147JK wrote:

Hi - I'd like to use the boot from USB keyboard feature on my Q1900DC ITX board.  I am running Windows 10 64 Pro.  I have a Logitech Illuminated keyboard plugged into one of the USB 3.0 ports. BIOS is set to "enable" USB keyboard boot.  But when I press the spacebar, the keyboard briefly lights up, then goes dark again and the computer does not boot.  Anybody know if this feature works or not?  What am I doing wrong?  Thanks

Why are you using a USB 3.0 port for a keyboard? I hear about people doing this all the time. Is it supposed to make it "faster"? Actually, it makes things worse.

I was just reading a user review of a Logitech keyboard, where the owner had it connected to a USB 3.0 port, and it did not work correctly. They then changed to a USB 2.0 port, problem solved.

Connect your keyboard to a USB 2.0 port. If the start from keyboard feature does not work, it's the keyboard's fault.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic