ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z77 Extreme4 and Windows 8 BIOS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparker781 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z77 Extreme4 and Windows 8 BIOS
    Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 1:50am
I see I posted originally in the wrong forum. I somehow lost the ability for getting into the BIOS or EUFI or whatever it's called now. I am trying to access to dual boot Windows and another OS

Thanks
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 4:21am
Quote I see I posted originally in the wrong forum

No problem Wink

I take it you were able to get into the UEFI (bios) before? What exactly is happening when you power up the PC? Pressing del or f2 does not enter the bios at post?

If it was a setting you changed then simply clearing CMOS should put you back to defaults.

If you have not been able to enter the bios at all it could be that the system only detects your keyboard after booting. This happens with some keyboards, the solution is to try the keyboard in a different port (USB2) or failing that try a different brand keyboard, preferably a PS2 keyboard as they always work.

I hope this helps Wink
sparker781 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparker781 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 1:48am
Essentially, If I repeatedly hit the F2 or Delete key nothing happens, a blank screen. If I leave it along, then the keyboard is detected and POSTS. I haven't been able to get into the BIOS in awhile. Thanks for the help
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic