ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bios Update

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Georges Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bios Update
    Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 5:30pm
Hi , I have asrock 970 pro3 r2.0
And FX 6300
Last year I successfully installed  Bios Version 1.70 with instand flash but after 10-15 minutes on desktop I got BSOD ... Anyway service told me that my Cpu Burnt and they sent me a new one 
I remember that after bios update i didn't change the bios settings like before 
Do you believe that this was the reason my cpu Burnt? 
Because I want to update my bios to 2.80 and I am afraid that my cpu will burn again 
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 8:02pm
Other than wanting to, is there a specific reason you feel a BIOS update will address with your system? I don't personally update unless I come head to head with a hard reason to that keeps me from progressing with new hardware I'm trying to install.

I have seen where having an overclock set in the BIOS and not cleared to Defaults before updating cause issues. But not burn a processor.
Georges View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Georges Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 8:20pm
Windows 10 Anniversary (1607) doesn't work and I get BSOD 
But Windows 10 (1511) works perfect ...
Thats why i am thinking for a bios update 

Edited by Georges - 25 Aug 2016 at 8:21pm
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 12:38pm
Windows 10 Anniversary is rightly responsible for many many issues.

Is it imperative you use the Anniversary ed just now? Seriously, the Anniversary ed is being called the second coming of Windows 8.x. It just sux.

I'd wait for the Anniversary's first Service Pack to be released.
Georges View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Georges Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 4:34pm
Ok Thanks I will wait for new update ;) 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic