ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > OverClocking(OC) Zone > OC Technical Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hyper BCLK Engine Overclocking Questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hyper BCLK Engine Overclocking Questions
    Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 6:14pm
If a Z170 Mainboard is combined with a K-model Intel CPU, this combination officially supports overclocking via changing the unlocked Multiplier of the CPU (K-model).
f.e. a CPU that runs with (40)x(100MHz BCLK)=4GHz, can be set to run at (42)x(100MHz BCLK)=4.2GHz

MyQuestion:
is it possible to combine and use the official Multiplier Overclocking together with the Hyper BCLK Engine featured on many AsRock Motherboards on a K-model(Intel CPU with unlocked Multiplier)?
f.e. to go from (32)x(100MHz BCLK) = 3.2GHz CPU Speed to (34)x(133MHz BCLK)=4,53GHz

PS: i pray that i dont get a standard statement that was created for now the 1year-old dead discussion about the Overclocking_with_nonKmodel_discussions, because thats not part of HYPER BCLK ENGINE as those BetaBIOSes enabled OverClocking on Motherboards without Hyper BLCK Engine
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2016 at 8:38am
Originally posted by Hito Hito wrote:

If a Z170 Mainboard is combined with a K-model Intel CPU, this combination officially supports overclocking via changing the unlocked Multiplier of the CPU (K-model).
f.e. a CPU that runs with (40)x(100MHz BCLK)=4GHz, can be set to run at (42)x(100MHz BCLK)=4.2GHz

MyQuestion:
is it possible to combine and use the official Multiplier Overclocking together with the Hyper BCLK Engine featured on many AsRock Motherboards on a K-model(Intel CPU with unlocked Multiplier)?
f.e. to go from (32)x(100MHz BCLK) = 3.2GHz CPU Speed to (34)x(133MHz BCLK)=4,53GHz

PS: i pray that i dont get a standard statement that was created for now the 1year-old dead discussion about the Overclocking_with_nonKmodel_discussions, because thats not part of HYPER BCLK ENGINE as those BetaBIOSes enabled OverClocking on Motherboards without Hyper BLCK Engine

If you could NOT adjust the core multipliers with a K type CPU, when over clocking with the BCLK, then BCLK over clocking would be virtually worthless.

Of course you can adjust the core multipliers when BCLK over clocking! I've done it myself, it works fine.

Setting the BCLK to 125MHz, and the core multipliers (set to All Cores) to 32, results in a 4.0GHz processor speed, for example.

The non-Z OC feature was only fully removed from non-Z chipset boards. BCLK over clocking of non-K type processors no longer works on Z170 chipset boards due to the CPU microcode that blocks non-Z OC AFAIK.

The Hyper BCLK Engine is an improved and more flexible source of the BCLK frequency. It has not been changed in any way by the Intel CPU microcode update that removed the non-Z OC feature.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic