ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > HTPC & Mini PC
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock Beebox review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_Official Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock Beebox review
    Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 4:35pm
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 5:08pm
This is a great youtube review that does a lot to show you just how much is packed into this tiny box. I am inclined to agree with the reviewer, the celeron branding of the CPU is misleading, in the case of the Beebox being a dual core CPU there is perhaps a little more separating it from its "pentium" counterpart but ultimately it has the same amount of cache per core, slightly lower clocks and a slightly cut down iGPU. The performance difference in single and dual threaded applications is minimal at best, certainly nothing the end user would immediately notice. I think intel would have been better off branding these with another name as they did with Atom as these ultra low TDP CPUs really are in a class of their own. It is easy to see why Asrock (and others) would brand these as their number designations rather than Pentium or Celeron. These names have become synonymous with "budget" and low performance products and while they are certainly a far cry from their full fledged desktop counterparts in performance they are exceedingly efficient little units.

Great job Asrock, the Beebox is a fantastic little product that packs a lot in such a small space.   
Nandi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nandi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2016 at 6:34pm
Thank you for this. I fully agree, this is a good platform. I was thinking to build myself an HTPC before, but happy not to do and purchase this instead. Also suggested to my friends nearby. I have some problem to install Win7 on it as described in Forum.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic