ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z77 Extreme4 and RAID

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaz4ku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z77 Extreme4 and RAID
    Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 9:00pm
I am running a RAID 1 on my computer but with my 4TB I am only seeing 2TB of my storage.  I looked at the RAID configuration manager and it shows that I have to install certain drivers for it to recognize HDD larger than 2TB but my problem is that I don't have the support CD to get these drivers and the drivers on ASRock website are not the ones I am needing. 
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 9:31pm
This is what you are after Wink
jaz4ku View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaz4ku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 9:54pm
I appreciate the response.  I tried that yesterday and unless I am doing it wrong that created another problem for me because it created a disk 1 with another 2Tb.  So now I have Disk 0 with 350MB system reserved, 2TB C drive, and 2TB unallocated that it won't let me do anything with at all and now Disk 1 with 2TB and I am running a 64bit system
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 10:04pm
In order to access more than 2.2tb of your drive you need to use a GPT partition. Typical MBR partitions are limited to ~2.2tb so even with the unlocker you will be unable to utilize more than that. That sounds to me like the problem you are having based on your last post. GPT will only function as a boot device under windows 7/8 64bit.
jaz4ku View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaz4ku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 10:32pm
Thank you.  I will have to try that later this afternoon.  Am I able to do that conversion during the installation process of my OS? Also I am running server 2012.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 10:52pm
This is from Asrock tech support and was posted in reply to another thread.

To install UEFI Windows 7 (or GPT format installation),

1.      Plug pre-created UEFI USB flash drive Windows installation drive to USB 2.0 port (grey).

2.      Press <F2> or <Delete> at system POST. Set AHCI Mode in UEFI Setup Utility >  Advanced > Storage Configuration > SATA Mode [AHCI]. Save and exit.

3.      Press F11 repeatedly when system is started to bring boot menu (see below image for sample). 

1.      Choose the drive UEFI: (*your USB flash drive*) to boot.

2.      Follow the Windows installation procedures.

Edited by Xaltar - 01 Jul 2015 at 11:00pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic