ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Com port on Deskmini 110

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ottobre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Com port on Deskmini 110
    Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 7:08pm
Hi, I need some information on Deskmini 110.  I found on sale this model: Barebone ASRock DeskMini 110/B/BB/EU [90BXG2T01-A10GA0W]. I do not understand if this model has the ability to add the com port, there is the com (rs232) header on the motherboard ? Thank you
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by ottobre ottobre wrote:

Hi, I need some information on Deskmini 110.  I found on sale this model: Barebone ASRock DeskMini 110/B/BB/EU [90BXG2T01-A10GA0W]. I do not understand if this model has the ability to add the com port, there is the com (rs232) header on the motherboard ? Thank you

Quick answer, no that model of the DeskMini 110 does NOT have the ability to add a COM port.

The only DeskMini 110 model that has the COM port header on the board is the DeskMini 110/COM. The specifications for the DeskMini 110/COM is the only model that includes the COM port header.

http://www.asrock.com/nettop/Intel/Deskmini%20110%20Series/#Specification

Click on the three model buttons at the top of this page to see the Specifications for each one.

The DeskMini 110 model in your link is not the DeskMini 110/COM.

I have a DeskMini 110W model, and the board in that model does not have the header for the COM port.

The DeskMini 110 manual shows where the COM port header would be on the board, if you had the DeskMini 110/COM model. The manual indicates that header is optional, but it cannot be added by the user. The COM port itself for that model uses a special, small connector on its cable to match the header on the board. The COM port and cable is only supplied with the DeskMini 110/COM model.

ottobre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ottobre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2016 at 12:25am
Thanks for the reply . I will try to find the right model

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic