ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Win 10 driver for Core 100HT-BD?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HappyMonky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Win 10 driver for Core 100HT-BD?
    Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 9:49pm
Hi everybody.
I have a Core 100HT-BD HTPC and I run Windows 10 on it. It has worked fine until the latest update from Microsoft. Suddenly my desktop is bigger than my TV. Cry  Microsoft support says that I need a new driver from ASRock but I can't find drivers for Windows 10. The latest I find are for Widows 7. Shocked Have ASRock made any new drivers and could someone please tell me how to find them? I'd appreciate any help very much!

BR
HM
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 5:04am
ASRock as an entity does not "make" in house drivers, instead receiving and posting them for download directly from a/the device manufacturer themselves.

That said, I don't see that Intel has produced/made available the graphics driver past Windows 7.

I chose three processors from the QVL to search for graphics drivers, all with Win7 being the latest.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/

Not ever having one myself, is there a setting in the driver GUI that may lower the resolution?

parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 11:03am
Originally posted by HappyMonky HappyMonky wrote:

Hi everybody.
I have a Core 100HT-BD HTPC and I run Windows 10 on it. It has worked fine until the latest update from Microsoft. Suddenly my desktop is bigger than my TV. Cry  Microsoft support says that I need a new driver from ASRock but I can't find drivers for Windows 10. The latest I find are for Widows 7. Shocked Have ASRock made any new drivers and could someone please tell me how to find them? I'd appreciate any help very much!

BR
HM

Microsoft meant that if any video drivers were available from Intel, they might be listed on the ASRock download page for your board.

One problem is we have no idea which CPU your Core 100HT-BD has in it. There are 18 compatible processors listed in the CPU support list.

The next problem is that PC is rather old. I checked for Intel video drivers for the most expensive CPU in the list, the i7-640M. The latest video driver for the integrated graphics is only for Windows 7. That means Intel has no compatible video drivers for any Windows version beyond Windows 7. All the processors are pre-Sandy Bridge models, from 2010, using a 5 series mobile chipset.

As wardog said, did you try fixing the resolution of the PC, in the Display option in Control Panel? We have no idea what video driver is being used now by Windows 10.

If you have Windows Restore turned on, you could try applying a previous restore point. Or you should be able to rollback the last Windows update, in the Windows update settings. Why didn't Microsoft tell you about that?

Thanks Microsoft, for trying to make someone else responsible for fixing the problem that your update caused. I doubt they even asked you about your PC's hardware.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic