ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Restart to UEFI" failed on ASRock H110M-DGS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Igor84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Restart to UEFI" failed on ASRock H110M-DGS
    Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 12:34am
(sorry for my bad English)

Hi! Please help me with this problem. I downloaded ASRock "Restart to UEFI ver:1.0.5" utility and wanted to look how it works, so I enabled it and restarted. But after restart my PC stuck at that pre-UEFI screen where it says "press f2 or del to enter... etc"

And I can't enter UEFI setup, del, f2 and f11 not working and nothing happening (but ctrl-alt-del is working for reboot).

UEFI loads normally with another HDD or USB flash connected or without anything connected, but if I connect my HDD where I enabled that "restart to UEFI" tool, it fails to load even in UEFI setup (I tried to connect it with another HDD and flash drive at the same time, tried to connect it to another sata slot).

The code on the pre-uefi screen says "99" in the bottom, but according to ASrock faq it's related to PCI-E devices http://www.asrock.com/support/faq.asp?id=334 (and I can see that code during successful boot with or without PCI-E video card).

This HDD is working fine on the other system. Another HDD is working fine on this system, I'm writing this post right from it.

I tried:
Load UEFI defaults
Reset UEFI
Format C: partition (this disk have several partitions)
Delete C: partition
Create new C: partition
Removing PCI-E video card and using integrated one
Removing USB mouse
Removing PS/2 keyboard
Changing a lot of random UEFI options, even obviously not related ones
Writing to ASrock support several hours ago, waiting for response

By the HDD led I noticed that the system accessing this HDD for 2-3 seconds right after the start and then the HDD led becomes slightly luminous. When I plug in another HDD I don't see any HDD led activity until I enter UEFI. This motherboard is new, this setup was running just for 2 days without any problems.

My specs:
Motherboard: ASrock H110M-DGS bios ver. P1.40
CPU: i3 6100
RAM: 4GB Kingston Valueram
HDD: 2TB Samsung HD204UI
GPU: PowerColor RX470 Red Devil

What should I do? Please help. I want to avoid formatting this HDD completely, because not all of the data is backed up and I can't imagine how could this help.

Edited by Igor84 - 22 Sep 2016 at 12:38am
clubfoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clubfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 1:46am
Did you have any other discs connected when you reinstalled windows to c:?
Igor84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Igor84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 1:50am
No, I had no other discs.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 1:59am
What version of Windows are you using?

Restart to UEFI has always worked perfectly for me. Never heard of this problem with it.
Igor84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Igor84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 2:29am
I'm using Windows 10 64bit.
clubfoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clubfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 4:51am
The data to enter UEFI is either corrupted or was written to one of the other partitions on that disc and not the EFI system partition,...since you can use it on another system and use a different disc on this system. I would attach this disc to your other system and back up the data from it, remove all partitions and format it.
Igor84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Igor84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 6:01am
clubfoot, thank you for suggestion. I'm totally new to that UEFI thing, so I never can guess that it can grab that particular info from not a system partition.

I wonder if it is possible to find that info on this HDD by booting from another system and then remove it? I tried to search all of it's partitions (through standard windows explorer) for some new files and found nothing. Cry

I'm so in hope that there is another way to solve this. That backup operation will be like hell. Cry

*still waiting for tech support email response*

Edited by Igor84 - 22 Sep 2016 at 6:07am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic