ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

990FX Extreme6 locks new cards to PCIe v1.1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clutchc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 990FX Extreme6 locks new cards to PCIe v1.1
    Posted: 29 Sep 2016 at 4:35am
I've had this board for awhile now, and had no issues with it.  But recently I bought 2 new cards; GTX 1060 3GB and RX-470 4GB.  Both the Pascal and the Polaris cards will not get out of PCIe v1.1 on this board when they are stress tested.  I've checked this with both GPU-Z and HWInfo64. 

Latest BIOS in the board and latest VBIOS in the cards.  Latest versions of the above pgms.  Is this an issue related to this board and the new Pascal and Polaris cards?

Both cards show the proper PCIe v2.0 or v3.0 on my other AMD and Intel boards.  And my other slightly older cards show the correct version on this board.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2016 at 5:54am
What's the PSU there, and how old is it?

What BIOS revision is the MB running/flashed to?
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2016 at 12:21am
Originally posted by clutchc clutchc wrote:

I've had this board for awhile now, and had no issues with it.  But recently I bought 2 new cards; GTX 1060 3GB and RX-470 4GB.  Both the Pascal and the Polaris cards will not get out of PCIe v1.1 on this board when they are stress tested.  I've checked this with both GPU-Z and HWInfo64. 

Latest BIOS in the board and latest VBIOS in the cards.  Latest versions of the above pgms.  Is this an issue related to this board and the new Pascal and Polaris cards?

Both cards show the proper PCIe v2.0 or v3.0 on my other AMD and Intel boards.  And my other slightly older cards show the correct version on this board.

Is there no option to set the speed/Gen of the PCIe slots in the BIOS? The manual does not show that option, but it could be included in a new BIOS version.

It might be an issue with those cards and this board, but I haven't seen that stated anywhere... yet.
Nerio_Lab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nerio_Lab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 2:49am
I have same result on Killer 990FX
PCIe v1.1 x16 (2.5 GT/s) @ x16 (2.5 GT/s)
I have got SLI EVGA GTX 1070 SC ACX 3.0

PSU Corsair RM1000
Bios last (1.60)

Edited by Nerio_Lab - 20 Mar 2017 at 3:20am
The One
mixsetup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mixsetup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 6:33pm
Thanks I was wondering why my 280x was going o slow I have the same thing it seems going by GPUZ PCIex16 3.0 @x16 1.1 mine is a MSI card on extreme9. Not good but at least I know it is not just my system.

Edited by mixsetup - 08 May 2017 at 6:35pm
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 1:24am
This has come up here many times.

Grab GPU-z and run it's internal Render test.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic