ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

E350M1/USB3 Zacate Board

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markqpal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: E350M1/USB3 Zacate Board
    Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 12:10pm
Hello and Good Day,

I'm still using my old motherboard E350M1/USB3 Zacate as my streaming server at home. When I bought my this board, 1TB HDD is so far the largest capacity that time and this board support it, then after a year, I bought higher capacity board 2x3TB storage and still its supported. Now, I'm planning for another upgrade and I want to put 3x6TB HDD or 3x8TB HDD to my system. The question is, is there anyone here tried larger capacity HDD with E350M1/USB3 Zacate board?

These are the HDD I am planning to buy for upgrade.
Desktop HDD 8 TB - ST8000DM002
Desktop HDD 6 TB - ST6000DM001

TIA.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by markqpal markqpal wrote:

Hello and Good Day,

I'm still using my old motherboard E350M1/USB3 Zacate as my streaming server at home. When I bought my this board, 1TB HDD is so far the largest capacity that time and this board support it, then after a year, I bought higher capacity board 2x3TB storage and still its supported. Now, I'm planning for another upgrade and I want to put 3x6TB HDD or 3x8TB HDD to my system. The question is, is there anyone here tried larger capacity HDD with E350M1/USB3 Zacate board?

These are the HDD I am planning to buy for upgrade.
Desktop HDD 8 TB - ST8000DM002
Desktop HDD 6 TB - ST6000DM001

TIA.

I don't have your E350M1/USB3 board, but you can use very large capacity HDDs with it. If you are using 3TB HDDs with it now, even larger HDDs will work fine too.

As long as you are formatting the large capacity HDDs as GPT, you can access/address all of their space. A mother board does not limit the size of HDDs you can use. You must be doing that now with the 3TB HDDs.

I don't understand what you meant by, "I bought higher capacity board 2x3TB storage... ", the part about higher capacity board? Or did you mean just higher capacity HDDs?

markqpal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markqpal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 12:52pm
Hello, thanks for your reply. What I mean is, before I used 1Tb hdd then I upgrade it to 2 pcs 3tb hdd. I'm planning to upgrade to 6tb hdd and I'm not sure my board still support it. Sorry it was high calacity hdd not board

Edited by markqpal - 07 Oct 2016 at 12:54pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic