ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Display problems.. graphics ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ozstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Display problems.. graphics ?
    Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 8:26am
Hi,

I have  Windows 10 Professional (x64) Version 1607 (build 14393.321)

I am having a problem every now and then with the icons on the lower task bar.

The idea is they are shown when a program is active and every actrive screen for that program is shown when chovering over the icon.   This all works fine but..

When one clicks a screen thumb, the screen is supposed to fully open so one can work on it.  This does not work.

When clicked the thumbs quickly flash and I am unable toget the program open.

This was also a problem in Win 7 before I upgraded.

Maybe it is a graphics card problem so I have shown my specs...

Would appreciate any help please?

oz

Board: ASRock 880GM-LE FX
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. P1.10 11/08/2011

ATI Radeon HD 4250 [Display adapter]
Toshiba LCD-MONITOR (19.1"vis, s/n 3355AJA029876, October 2005)
Toshiba LCD-MONITOR (19.1"vis, s/n 33562JA068656, February 2006)
3.30 gigahertz AMD FX -6100 Six-Core
288 kilobyte primary memory cache
6144 kilobyte secondary memory cache
8192 kilobyte tertiary memory cache
64-bit ready   Multi-core (3 total)    Hyper-threaded (6 total)

7920 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 1:50pm
When you upgraded, did you use the upgrade option or did you perform a fresh install? I am going to guess you upgraded in which case the problem would have been inherited from windows 7.
ozstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ozstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 2:54pm
Yes I did update via 7 but what could it be causing this?

You think not a hardware problem?

I tried another graphics card in the PCIe and the box wouldn't even get to the initial Asrock green screen.  Just black and stayed there.

Any ideas please?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 3:46pm
First up, go into safe mode and use Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) and remove your graphics drivers. Then boot back into normal mode and download and install the latest drivers for your graphics card for windows 10. 

As for the other GPU not working there could be any number of reasons. If it is a concern for you then install it again and try clearing CMOS before powering the system on. If that does not work you also have to bare in mind that older motherboards may not be compatible with newer GPUs without a BIOS update. Honestly, if your current GPU is booting then it most likely isn't a hardware issue. I would start with removing and reinstalling display drivers as I suggested above. In most upgrade situations from windows 7/8 to windows 10 there are problems, it is one of the reasons MS changed the license system so people can perform fresh installs simply using the previous version's key.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic