ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ram Problem with 870icafe?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramin_rp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ram Problem with 870icafe?
    Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 3:24pm
hi,

I have a 870icafe motherboard,
when install RAM to A1 and B1 blue slots debugger show wink 63 and system not boot .
when remove Ram from B1 slot system work correctly.
And when install Ram to A2 and B2 white slots debugger shows 65 and system not boot.

what is my motherboard problem and how can i fix it?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 5:14pm
Welcome to the forums Smile

It sounds like the RAM is refusing to operate in dual channel for some reason. Are both RAM modules the same brand/model and size? Most systems do not like mixed brands and capacities in dual channel. 
ramin_rp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramin_rp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2015 at 3:31am
Thank you,
Yes , I have 4 RAMs,They are KingMax 2GB 1333,
This system worked correctly for 4 years, I was recently faced with this problem.
odiebugs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odiebugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2015 at 6:55am
Can you try each single stick, and are you sure it's not D3 and D5 ?   

What happens with 4 sticks ?

Can you mark each stick with small piece tape so you can know each one, then try the A1 and B1  with different sticks until you try all four in different combination ?  
Sorry,  trying to see if it's memory or channels. 

Edited by odiebugs - 10 Jul 2015 at 6:56am
asrocking
ramin_rp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramin_rp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2015 at 12:16am
I tried all four RAMs in different combination, when i use B1 slot debugger shows 63 and when use B2
debugger shows 65.
It seems the problem is the motherboard.
How can I make sure?

Edited by ramin_rp - 11 Jul 2015 at 12:19am
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2015 at 3:24am
Try clearing CMOS either via the jumpers or by the battery removal method. Also check the RAM slots for dirt/dust I have seen dust cause all kinds of havok with PCs. If they are clogged you can use a toothbrush dipped in isopropyl alcohol to clean them out. Be sure to wait until all the alcohol is evaporated before seating the RAM again.

I hope this helps Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic