ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Gaming Zone > Gaming PC Build Advice
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fatal1ty

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwaters11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fatal1ty
    Posted: 10 Jul 2015 at 3:38am
I purchased last year a Fatal1ty MB Prof - M. I have a I5-2400 running dual channel 2400mhz 16gb.

My question lies, How can i successfully achieve this? I ran a diag, I'm only getting 2175mhz. The board is stamped with 2800mhz +

Or is my I5 tapped out?

thanks

Edited by rwaters11 - 10 Jul 2015 at 4:32am
odiebugs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odiebugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2015 at 6:39am
Welcome to the board. Smile

The controller for your CPU is  1333, but if you look at the motherboard specs you will notice that next to the higher clock speeds is the OC.  When you put a higher RAM in, it will default to a lower clock, the memory must be Over Clocked to bring the memory up to it's listed speed.   If the memory you have has XMP listed in the specs, then you can use the UEFI XMP config to set it easily to 2400. If it is not XMP you need to enter the timings manually.

Is your I5, tapped out, no, it does't stop memory from being OC. 

If you need more help you can post the model of the memory so we can see if it has  XMP  if you can't find this.
asrocking
rwaters11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwaters11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2015 at 10:55am
It's Gskill Sniper series

11-13-13-31

8gb x2
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2015 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by rwaters11 rwaters11 wrote:

It's Gskill Sniper series

11-13-13-31

8gb x2

Is this the memory you are using:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231673

If so, read some of the comments in the Reviews section that were added by G.SKILL. They say that a 'K' type processor may be needed to OC memory to its highest speed.

My question is, did you set anything in the BIOS for this memory? Or all default settings? I'm curious how you are running it at 2175, which is a non-standard speed.

The memory in the link above does have XMP data, so you could use that to automatically set the BIOS settings to get the memory at 2400. But it is possible that the memory controller in your CPU cannot deal with that speed.

You are close to 2400 now, if you really are at 2175, the difference in performance between those speeds is very small to none at all.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic