ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z87M extreme4 no audio over hdmi

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote htpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z87M extreme4 no audio over hdmi
    Posted: 10 Jul 2015 at 9:43am
I can't get audio to work over hdmi.  My pc is connected to my tv and I can get video but no audio.  There are heaps of threads over the internet about this issue.  It is not a asrock unique issue but related to the intel HD 4600 graphics.

Intel have stated that OEM's need to implement a bios fix for it.  I have the latest 2.10 bios but still not working.  Some people say they can get it going with a particular combination of drivers.  Has anyone got this going? or does anyone know when asrock with implement the fix?

Here is a intel forum where intel said they are working with OEM's to update their bios's.

I am running windows 8.1 x64 pro with the i7 4770 CPU
odiebugs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odiebugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2015 at 10:01am
Welcome to the board. Smile

If you look at the first post on the link you posted, do you see what they say about the driver, that is a windows driver that is getting locked in, that is why it's not taking the intel driver. 

The only way is to force the driver to inject. Not telling you too, just saying they would have to. 

Can you post if you have the same, is it a windows driver or a intel ?

And have you installed the   15.36.21.64.4222

Edited by odiebugs - 10 Jul 2015 at 10:03am
asrocking
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic