ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

n68c-gs schematic need help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x441parot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: n68c-gs schematic need help
    Posted: 14 Nov 2016 at 10:48pm
i need a schematic diagram for n68c-gs fx help me plss....
Hannah
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2016 at 11:11pm
I'll offer the link below but don't hold your breath for a schematic from them.

You do realize don't you there are between 4 and 8 individual layers of connections sandwiched between the mats woven throughout a motherboard?

http://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 12:25pm
You might be able to find schematics for a mother board by searching the Internet. If you find it, you may need to pay to get it as a download.

wardog
, can you imagine a schematic diagram for an entire mother board?

Particularly an X99 board, with eight DIMM slots, the traces from the CPU socket that has 2,011 pins, just to name a few?

As you said, add the separate layers to that, what a nightmare simply creating it! I've read that a CPU schematic on paper is laid out on the floor of a room, since it is so large in order to be visible to the eye.

I wonder how much of a mobo schematic would be considered proprietary by Intel. The chipset connections in this case.

My father was an electrical engineer, and did TV design in the vacuum tube days, and into the early solid state days, before Japan took over the USA TV market. He had schematics that would cover the dining room table.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

My father was an electrical engineer, and did TV design in the vacuum tube days, and into the early solid state days, before Japan took over the USA TV market. He had schematics that would cover the dining room table.

While employed at Warren Radio we kept power tubes in stock for the local TV and radio stations. Four foot high and two foot across.

re: schematics
We also kept almost a complete wall full of floor to ceiling filing cabinets stuffed with SAMS Photofact Service and Schematic Manuals. You name the product, we had a SAMS Manual for it. In stock.

Currently at 217399 Manuals and counting it appears.
https://www.samswebsite.com/en/photofact/search

Mind you I worked there decades ago. There wasn't nearly that many when I was there. It sure seemed close though I'll tell ya. PITA when you had to make room in the drawers when they would switch their numbering system. A week long job for one person.

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 2:46pm
I would be willing to bet the schematic is saved as a 3d file these days with the ability to select layers and enlarge sections etc. I highly doubt any manufacturer would allow those to be leaked. A large part of the difference (small as it may be) in performance between various boards and manufacturers stems from these designs and how the traces are laid out. 

I wouldn't hold my breath. 
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

I would be willing to bet the schematic is saved as a 3d file these days with the ability to select layers and enlarge sections etc. I highly doubt any manufacturer would allow those to be leaked. A large part of the difference (small as it may be) in performance between various boards and manufacturers stems from these designs and how the traces are laid out. 

I wouldn't hold my breath. 

Leaked would be an apt description were it to come about.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 4:22pm
Yeah, considering something as simple as a flash drive today contains anywhere up to 50 patented features/components you can just imagine how many proprietary techniques and patented processes are used in a motherboard design. Sadly the days of "make your own from this cool schematic" and even "fix it yourself with this cool schematic" are largely over in the main stream. ARM on the other hand, with things like the Raspberry Pi and other open source projects are available to all. 

Open source is growing but not in the established markets.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic