ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > Networking Products
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Self Healing issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eghuff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Self Healing issue
    Posted: 23 Nov 2016 at 6:34am
My G10 is currently running the 1.71 Beta version of the firmware.  Any time the router is rebooted, it fails to detect the modem and thus does not reconnect to the internet.  The only way it will reconnect after reboot is if I power cycle the cable modem.  Unpluging and repluging the ethernet cable to the router has no effect.

My modem is a Cisco DPC3216 DOCSIS 3.0 16x4 Embedded Digital Voice Adapter P/N: DPC3216-VCM-K9 that is provided by Charter, my ISP.  It does not have any phones attached.

Do others have this issue?  This makes the Self Healing feature effectively useless.  I have been unable to find any UI capability to get the G10 to reconnect to the modem.
eghuff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eghuff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2016 at 4:53am
I installed version 1.87 of the firmware today and the issue appears to be resolved Clap.  I updated the firmware via an AC wireless connection while streaming video from YouTube via a Chromecast.  The YouTube never stopped when the router restarted and my laptop reconnected to the router, so the router obviously recognized to cable modem was already active.  I'll update if I see issues going forward.
eghuff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eghuff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 8:15am
The G10 did reconnect to my modem when the firmware  upgrade rebooted yesterday.  However, when I tried to turn on Self Healing today, it failed to reconnect when I rebooted to apply the option.  Apparently the new firmware did not resolve my issue.  Dead  Any ideas Asrock?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 9:18am
Contact ASRock Networking Support at:

http://event.asrock.com/tsd-networking.asp

.. wardog
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic