ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z77 Extreme 4 driver problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote friesjh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z77 Extreme 4 driver problems
    Posted: 24 Apr 2015 at 10:04pm
Hi all,

New to an Asrock mobo as well as this forum. I just replaced my Intel mobo with http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157293 . I replaced the board and was installing drivers and utilities from the disk that came with the board, but part way through, during the fast xlan install the computer froze. It stayed that way for more than 6 hours so I switched the system off and rebooted. Since then I have tried to update driver for lan and install the xlan from downloads on Asrock site but every time it froze. Yesterday Windows 8.1 updated and now I cannot get the lan to connect to the internet. It may be worth mentioning that previously, when I was using the Intel mobo, I was using the Netgear software Net Genie. When the system froze the first time I tried uninstalling Net Genie thinking there may have been a conflict, but the system froze during the uninstall. Can anyone help me figure this lan problem out? At this point I am unable to connect to the internet with that computer. I have tried using the Windows network troubleshooter but it said it could not find any problems, but still will not connect to the internet. Please help!
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 9:55pm
Greetings, this is ASRock Technical Support Department.

Please be noted that the utilities which in support CD only support up to Windows 7.
If you would like to use Windows 8.1, we recommend you to reinstall the Windows 8.1 then install only drivers from support CD, or download the drivers from our official website as the link: http://www.asrock.com.tw/mb/Intel/Z77%20Extreme4/?cat=Download&os=Win8a64

Kindest Regards,
ASRock TSD

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic