ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > OverClocking(OC) Zone > OC Build Advice
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

i7-2600K in H61M-VG4 mobo - OC?`

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeriatricGinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: i7-2600K in H61M-VG4 mobo - OC?`
    Posted: 03 Dec 2016 at 11:28pm
I cannot find any decent info or how-to for OCing with this mobo..  I don't wanna go crazy, just like maybe 3.8 or so, from the current 3.4 (if it's even worthwhile.)  

Being totally new to OCing, I don't understand what I need to set in the BiOS to make this work.

Thanks for any help, in advance.
i7-2600K, ASRock H61M-VG4, 8GB, 1050Ti, W10/64, (2) Dell 2214H.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2016 at 4:09am
What memory Mhz wise are you using now.

This board IMO isn't OC friendly. It's one of those "Just because you can doesn't necessarily mean you should" motherboards.

The 2600K is plenty fast. Yet it'll respond much nicer to faster memory that being OC'd on a mATX board. Problem is it appears it runs a 3+1 VRM section and even worse is the VRMs it does have aren't cooled with a heatsink over them.

These boards, because of their diminutive size, don't have the real estate for a decent compliment of VRMs.

You'll need great case air flow, more than the stock Intel cooler, and a separate fan blowing over the VRM section to cool them even more than the manufacture intended as when OCing the additional power draw req'q will, WILL, overheat/overload the VRMs.

Edited by wardog - 04 Dec 2016 at 4:10am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic