ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

[FM2A88X Extreme4+] Disabling CSM freezes UEFI

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rkvd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [FM2A88X Extreme4+] Disabling CSM freezes UEFI
    Posted: 10 Dec 2016 at 10:55pm
I can live with that, but it's a weird situation nonetheless.

I'm using the latest BIOS (P3.30). Disabling CSM will freeze the UEFI no matter what settings I choose.

When I hit DEL or F2 to enter Setup, it shows the mouse pointer and the system locks up. I can't even use the boot menu (F11) to select another device. Rebooting to the firmware setup (from Windows or GRUB) also doesn't work. Does this happen to someone else?

I'm running an A10-7860K now. Same result with an A10-7800, I even tried booting with one RAM stick, and the system is not unstable at all.

Edited by rkvd - 10 Dec 2016 at 11:00pm
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2016 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by rkvd rkvd wrote:

I can live with that, but it's a weird situation nonetheless.

I'm using the latest BIOS (P3.30). Disabling CSM will freeze the UEFI no matter what settings I choose.

When I hit DEL or F2 to enter Setup, it shows the mouse pointer and the system locks up. I can't even use the boot menu (F11) to select another device. Rebooting to the firmware setup (from Windows or GRUB) also doesn't work. Does this happen to someone else?

I'm running an A10-7860K now. Same result with an A10-7800, I even tried booting with one RAM stick, and the system is not unstable at all.

When you say the UEFI freezes, does that mean you see nothing on your monitor? Or so you see a UEFI screen, but cannot do anything?

What are you using for a video source? Onboard graphics, or a video card?
rkvd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rkvd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2016 at 1:23am
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

When you say the UEFI freezes, does that mean you see nothing on your monitor? Or so you see a UEFI screen, but cannot do anything?

What are you using for a video source? Onboard graphics, or a video card?

I see the boot logo, and it loads the OS normally if I let it go. It's only when I try to enter the UEFI setup or activate the boot menu (with F11) that it freezes (after disabling CSM, that is). The mouse pointer shows up, and then the system locks up. The only way to regain access to Setup is by clearing the CMOS.

I'm using the onboard graphics. Tried with my discrete GPU (R7 250e), but it didn't help either.

Edited by rkvd - 11 Dec 2016 at 1:36am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic