ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > OverClocking(OC) Zone > OC Technical Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problems with BCLK overclocking

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackArchon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problems with BCLK overclocking
    Posted: 11 Dec 2016 at 4:39pm
Hi there,

here I have a Fatal1ty H170 Performance/Hyper with a Celeron G3900. It's stable with stock settings, but when I change the BCLK to 125 MHz so that the CPU is running with 3.5 GHz, Prime95 28.9 will crash after some minutes with the blend test. Yes, crash - it doesn't shows an error, it simply crashes. The cooling is fine, it is a Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E.

I tried to change the VCore to 1.3 V which doesn't changes anything. The RAM is left on auto which means it is underclocked to DDR4-2000 (it is really DDR4-2800).
This behaviour is the same with BIOS 1.60 and now 7.20.

What can I do to improve the stability?

Also I noticed that the BIOS shows me a cache frequency of 2750 MHz while AIDA64 shows a north bridge clock of 3500 MHz and a system agent clock of 1000 MHz. I assume that cache frequency in the BIOS is north bridge clock in AIDA64, so why do these two don't match?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2016 at 10:30pm
Google search using:

overclock vccio vccsa
BlackArchon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackArchon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 2:32am
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Google search using:

overclock vccio vccsa
Thank you for the hint, I added +0.05 and later +0.1 V to these voltages, but the problem hasn't changed at all. I also tried to increase the PLL and PCH voltages this way, but it was pointless as well. What else could I be doing wrong?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic