ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Gaming Zone > Gaming PC Build Advice
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can this motherboard support gtx 10 series

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can this motherboard support gtx 10 series
    Posted: 15 Dec 2016 at 1:45am
I already have Asrock H81M vg4 r2.0 and want to ask what video cards can support in some sites it says that it cant support any good video cards some say it can support even gtx 970 so i want to know 
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2016 at 2:53am
I don't know a reason it shouldn't. I'd be running the latest BIOS, 1.50 .

PCIE2 is a full length x16 PCI-e 2.0 slot, and while it's a 2.0 slot it still won't bottleneck even a GTX 1080.
ket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 7:31pm
The bigger question to ask is what CPU do you have? The mainboard you have won't bottleneck a 10 series card in terms of the PCIE bandwidth but your CPU if it is too weak could have a significant adverse effect on the GPU when it comes to throughput and being able to keep the GPU fed with enough data so as not to effect its performance.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic