ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ASRock Bulletin > Product News
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ASRock's Motherboards Are Windows® 10 Compatible
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock's Motherboards Are Windows® 10 Compatible

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2015 at 2:03pm
Piddeman, thanks for posting your experience with your 970M Pro4 board and Windows 10. Handshake

Your board is a new model, introduced in 2015, although uses somewhat older classic AMD chipsets, the 970 and SB950, introduced in 2011.

I only mention this because owners of other boards with Intel chipsets used with their "2nd Generation Intel Core Processors", which were also released in 2011 have been concerned about Windows 10 driver availability. Some of them apparently had some driver issues with Windows 10.

It seems strange IMO that chipsets from AMD and Intel of the same age would seemingly have different levels of support from Windows 10.

I noticed recently that ASRock has Windows 10 drivers included on the download page of one of their Intel P67 boards. That is going pretty far back (relative to Intel), considering the previous generation processors were released beginning in 2008.

Many users with problems blame the mother board manufactures for the lack of drivers. I tend to blame the source of the drivers, Intel, AMD, and the smaller players like ASMedia, RealTek, etc.

Why do we new drivers for Windows 10? Whom is responsible for that? Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic