ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Deskmini110 vs a NUC??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by alinescoo alinescoo wrote:

:) interesting that AsRock did not have a announce around here somewhere.

As Xaltar said, this is a new product that is not available yet. (Thanks for you comment, Xaltar!!)

I saw the DeskMini 110 at Computex16 last June on display, but it was not available in the USA until months later. I don't expect the RX/GTX will be available for purchase for a while yet, but you never know.

All the new ASRock Z270 boards that were announced are not yet available, the Z270 SuperCarrier, for example, I don't see in the USA yet.

Also, don't assume this new DeskMini RX/GTX will be as quiet as the original DeskMini 110W. The RX/GTX is a different creature, with a different purpose.
alinescoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alinescoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 5:35pm
According to https://smallformfactor.net/news/asrock-z270m-stx-mxm-pictured the shown case was under 30db on run, so it should be quitet.

But as you noted, who knows when it will be available. I really kind find DeskMini110 in my country...

Chances are that I'll go with a DeskMini 110 with a i7 7700. 
alinescoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alinescoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 5:48pm
A brief update: A relative asked me to help on getting a new system so I thoughts that Deskmini was one of the best choices.
I've also got a i3 6100 (that's a 51W TDP), 2x4GB RAM and a 850 EVO 250GB.

What I can say after building and installing Windows 10 on it:
- initially the fan was loud but went into bios and set it to silent. It was quite ok
- had no problems installing the components and I like that the first SATA drive is easy to install with just 2 screws.
- it's very compact and solid
- I like the option to turn on by usb keyboard

The main downsides that I can think of are:
- the number of USB could be bigger. 2 on the back, a normal one in the front + a type C one. This can be easily fixed by getting a monitor with usb hub in it
- the audio output is at the front of the case. I can't imagine why I would want to have my speakers connected in the front of the case, looking ugly, rather than on the back. Sure it's find if you VESA mount it, but if it's sitting on a desk then it's not that nice looking. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic